{11}

The next day was the day Ms.Hwang's last day before going back home. Hyunjin and Jae were still asleep when I went down for breakfast
"Good Morning beautiful." My mom greeted.
"Good Morning." I smiled.
"Good Morning ms.hwang." I greeted when I saw her walking down the stairs.
"Good Morning sweetheart. How was the party last night?" she asked
"Okay I guess. Funny story I ended helping Somone finish their essay." I laughed.
"Leave it to my daughter to ignore a party going on around her to help someone finish their paper." My mom chuckled.
"You aren't like most kids your age are you?" Ms.hwang asked. I shook my head.
"Neither is Hyunjin. He used to always be in his room studying. Part of me thought it was just an act and that he was fooling me while he was actually sneaking out. But nope. He was indeed studying." She continued.
"Same with this One. For her 9th birthday I asked where she wanted to celebrate and she said the library. And when I asked her why she said 'because then everyone has no choice but to be quiet while I read.' I was shocked." My mom said making all three of us laugh.
"Who's having fun without us?" Jae said sounding completely awake while a sleep Hyunjin follows behind.
"We were discussing these two's geeking habits." My mom said.
"So nothing new?" Jae said.
"How was the party last night?" Jae said with a mouth full of food.
"Fine." I Said.
"Make any new friends?" He asked I nodded which made both my mother and my brother look at me in shock.
"You what?" He asked.
"I met this one guy he's Australian." I stated
"You made a friend and it a guy?" Jae continued to be shocked
"Yeah why?"
"He's a male. And you somehow convinced to him to be friends with you!" He continued
"Hyunjin is my friend. He's a guy." I argued
"Yes But hyunjin is literally the guy version of you. If you make him mad you are really just angering yourself." He retorted . This made everyone in the room laugh except myself.
"So how did you convince him of doing such a a rare thing?" Jae questions
"She did his essay?" Hyunjin said
"Is that a code the kids use nowadays for drugs?" Jae asked
"No I literally helped him finish his essay." I responded.
"You really went to a party and decided to help someone with their homework? Why are you like this? Have I taught you nothing?" Jae said pretending to be disappointed.
"Listen, you guys told me I had to go. It's not my fault you didn't say I couldn't do school work." I defended
"You really are a weird one." Jae shook his head.
-
After breakfast Jae and Hyunjin went to help load ms.hwangs bags into the car. While they did that she said she wanted to talk to me. Not gonna lie I was kinda confused to why she wanted to talk to me but I agreed.
"Listen I just wanted to ask you for a favor." She began.
"You know Hyunjin?" She asked.
"The Name sounds familiar." I joked.
She laughed and continued.
"He doesn't like asking for help. He never has. He can sometimes get lost in his own thoughts and doesn't know how to express them. What I'm trying to say here is please look out for him. I can see he really likes you and your family. He doesn't act this comfortable around anyone. Please don't let him get in his own head and just make sure he's not bottling up his feeling." She said. I looked at her clearly nervous.
"I don't mean to put that type of pressure on you i apologize. But I get nervous knowing I can't always be with him." She continued.
"I understand. I will make sure Hyunjin will be the same bubbly boy you've always known. You can count on me." I assured. Her eyes became teary and she looked at me with a smile. Hyunjin definitely got his smile from his mother. They are both soft and beautiful. She brought me into a hug and wiped her tears away.
"Thank you" she walked out the door.
After they were done loading the car we all drove to the airport to drop off ms.Hwang. We all said our goodbyes and Hyunjin especially was having a hard time saying goodbye. When we were waving goodbye I noticed him even tearing up.
"Hey." I whispered.
He looked at me with red eyes and let a tear fall.
I pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back. My mom notices the situation and said she and Jae would go bring the car up and wait for us.
We went to sit down at a bench and waited for a while. After a couple minutes Hyunjin looked up.
"Thank you." He broke the silence
"For what?" I asked confused
"Your Family has been really nice to me since I've been here." He said
"Well you're one of the few people we can stand having around." I joked. This made him smile. He sniffled a little before continuing.
"I didn't have many friends back home. I was the quiet kid who enjoyed school for the education aspect more than the social aspect. Since moving here even though it has only been a little while, I feel welcomed." He let out.
"I'm glad I- we could make you feel welcomed." I said.
He looked up and smiled. Next thing I know he was leaning his head on my shoulder and swinging his legs back and forth.
*beep beep*
"Yo library losers! There is a four cheese pizza with your name on it at home waiting for you now get in!" Jae said from the passenger seat of my mothers car. I rolled my eyes and Hyunjin giggled standing up.
The entire car ride home I couldn't stop thinking about Hyunjin's words. I didn't know he wasn't popular. Based on his looks you'd assume that he was the most popular kid in class. Crazy how people can shock you everyday.
--
Hyunjin's pov.
Why is she so nice to me? She just saw a teenage boy cry because his mommy left him. Most people would tease the other person in this situation. But not her. She's different. She literally spent her time at a party in a strangers room but not to do what you think. She helped someone with their homework. She even takes time out of her day to tutor other kids in class. I've been here for less than a month and she has helped 2 kids pass their classes and 4 kids ace a test. She's like a wizard. Wait why do I keep thinking about her? Get it together Hyunjin she sleeps in the room down the hall from yours. Her family is letting you stay with them. Don't screw this up.
"You okay hwang? You're staring." Jae said turning around and looking at me. Damit Hyunjin her brother just caught you staring at his little sister.
"Hm? Yeah y/n has an eye crusty." I lied.
Y/n got embarrassed which was understandable however that was definitely a lie.
-----
3rd person point of view.
The next day at school Hyunjin,Sam and y/n were all in the library during their break period.
Y/n was looking for a book while Sam and Hyunjin sat at the tables and finishing their homework.
She was so deeply lost in her book she didn't notice a a figure standing in front of her.
The person cleared their throat resulting in y/n almost knocking down the books on the bookshelf.
But thankfully she regained her balance and stopped a disaster.
"Geez Felix What the hell?" Y/n groaned
"Sorry." He said in between chuckles
"What are you doing here?" She asked
"I thought I check out the big hype about this place. You seemed to talk highly about it." He said looking around the shelves.
"Oh and I wanted to show you this." He said holding up his essay which in Bright red pen said 'A+'.
"That's amazing. I'm so happy for you." She said giving him a high five.
"I couldn't do it with out a special Someone." He said looking down at his feet.
"She sounds amazing." Y/n joked
"She's okay i guess." He joked along.
"Oh come on. I want to introduce you to my friends." She led him the the usual spot that her and her friends spent their time. When she showed up in front of her friends with a stranger her friends could help but look at her with confused faces.
"Guys this is Felix the party guy, Felix the party guy this is Sam and Hyunjin." She introduced. Felix bowed and Sam and Hyunjin did the same.
"So you are the stranger who lured my best friend into your room and made her finish your essay!" Sam said dramatically.
"I-" Felix began in a scared tone.
"She's just messing with you. But nice to meet you. I'm Hyunjin." Hyunjin greeted.
Felix's felt more relaxed and bowed again.
The bell rang signaling lunch the group of four were exiting the library.
"Hyunjin what were you doing in the teachers lounge?" Ryujin said suddenly appearing behind the group.
"The teachers lounge?" He asked confused. Y/n and Felix began to laugh together.
She pointed at the library doors.
"That's a library." Sam corrected
"Oh." Ryujin said understanding.
"Who is this?" Sam whispered to Hyunjin who never introduced the girl who he was talking to.
"Oh yeah this is Ryujin and Ryujin these are my friends, Sam, y/n and Felix." He introduced.
We all smiled and bowed. She did the Same before one of her friends tapped her on the shoulder.
"I'm sorry I need to go, I have cheer practice but let's meet up later." She said the last part to Hyunjin in particular.
He nodded and waved. Sam looked at me with a face I couldn't quite read.
"Let's Go to lunch shall we?" Sam led. The rest of us followed and made our way to the lunch room.
When we sat down and started eating our lunch.
"So Felix, how long have you been a student here?" Sam asked
"A little less than a month." He said
"Your korean Is Good." She said
Felix smiled and thanked her.
"Made any friends?" Hyunjin said
"Not really. Everyone here seems to be very happy with their current friends. None of them want to alter their groups for the new kid." Felix said.
"If we have to alter this group for you felix we will." Hyunjin said sweetly. Felix smiled making his freckles do that jumping thing again.
"I volunteer altering y/n she's kind a annoying." Sam said making everyone including y/n laugh.
"Aw look Christopher your little bro has got himself a girlfriend." Someone said walking towards the lunch table the group was currently sitting at. Everyone looked up and immediately Felix rolled his eyes and leaned back into his chair.
"Bambam I told you to stop calling me christopher." Chan said following behind the taller guy.
"Aw little bro. Who's this?" Chan continued.
"Isn't that the girl that we saw leaving his room after the party?" Bambam said.
"You're Right Bambam. Felix why don't you introduce us." Chan pressured Felix.
"Because I don't want to." Felix simply stated
"Ah come on. You must be really close considering she was in your room." Chan raised his eyebrows
"Not everyone jumps in bed with someone with in 10 minutes of meeting them." Felix retorted
"So you're telling me you didn't get laid?" Bambam said.
Felix rolled his eyes and shook his head now since the older clearly wasn't understanding.
"Ha you owe me 50 bucks!" Chan teased
This entire time y/n, Sam and Hyunjin were looking at each other wondering if they should join this interaction.
"Why are you even here?" Felix finally asked.
"Why would I let my little bro be lonely at lunch?" Chan said sitting across from Felix and next to y/n . Bambam sat on the other side of me next to Sam.
"I've been here for almost a month and you've never even offered to let me sit with you." Felix retorted.
"That's the past. Now why don't you introduce us." Bambam interrupted and grinned at Sam. Sam didn't reciprocate the gesture and just looked away uncomfortably.
"That is Hyunjin this is y/n and sam. And if you can't tell you are making them uncomfortable. So could you leave?" Felix said.
"Fine but we'll talk again later." Bambam said standing up and winking at Sam.
Sam could easily stand up and kick him right where the sun doesn't shine but she stopped herself and looked down.
They left which left the Orginal 4 friends alone.
"I'm sorry about them. They enjoy attention. Good or bad." Felix apologized.
"It's all good. I almost feel bad for you." Sam admitted.
The bell rang signaling that it was time for students to get back to class so that what the four kids did. They bid each-other goodbyes and separated.
---
Surprise chapter lol. I had extra time this morning so here. 🧡