{5}

Friday morning
"Wake up its time for school!" Hyunjin said walking into my bedroom.
"Can I just skip this day all together." I whined.
"Where would I get my entertainment for the day?" He joked.
I rolled my eyes and got out of bed to start getting ready.
I grabbed my bag and went down stairs.
"Good morning" my mom said putting pancakes on my plate.
I gave her a death stare and started to eat.
"She's mad at you for making her invite Yugyeom to dinner." Hyunjin said with his mouth full.
"You can't blame me for wanting to meet my daughter's boyfriend." She defended.
"For the last time he's not my boyfriend!"jae , Hyunjin and I said at the same time.
"I'm not that predictable am i?" I asked
"Yes you are. I've only lived here for a week and I already know everything you're going to say before you say it" Hyunjin said.
"Actually you did that before we even came home from the airport."Jae  corrected.
I rolled my eyes and continued to eat.

"Wait so Kim Yugyeom is coming to your house and spending time with your mom over dinner?" Sam asked
I nodded cringing.
"Man this amazing I wish I could be there. Hyunjin please videotape it all" sam said in between laughs.

"I'm glad you're enjoying this."I said annoyed.

"Video tape? No I'm going to livestream it so you could see everything in real time." Hyunjin answered.

"I'm really glad you two are enjoying this" I said even more annoyed.

"I'm sure it won't be that bad your mom is cool. She'll probably shock you" Hyunjin said

"I know her. She's going to bring out my baby photos and show him my awkward years." I cringed

"'Awkward years?' You're still in your awkward years." Hyunjin said laughing.

"You spend way too much time with jae." I shook my head.
"I gotta go. My mom is making me watch my little brother so , bye have a great time and jin you better take a video for me and get every awkward moment." Sam said standing up and biding us a goodbye.

When we got home I showered and changed into my outfit for dinner.

I walked down stairs and immediately my mom gave me things to do

I walked down stairs and immediately my mom gave me things to do. I have to,set the table mix the salad,fluff the pillow,etc.
"Mom chill this guy won't last long it's y/n we are talking about." Jae said sneaking bites from the food in the kitchen.
"I'd argue with that but he's right you don't have to make such a big deal about this." I said
Then the doorbell rang.
I went to go open the door followed by my mother.
I opened the door to find Yugyeom at the door with flowers. I smile and gesture for him to walk in.
"You must be Yugyeom! Come in come in." My mom said excitedly.
"Nice to meet you ms.park." He bowed.
"Come in! Dinner is ready." She said lead him to the dinner table.
I sat across from Hyunjin, and Yugyeom sat across from jae. While my mom sat at the side of the table.
"So Yugyeom how'd you meet y/n?" My mom asked
"At the mall, Hyunjin asked what sweater looked good on her and I guess I chose the right one." He laughed.
"You did" I answered.
"So out of all people you chose this spaz to date." Jae joked.
"Yes. She's really pretty." Yugyeom said looking at me.
I blushed and looked at Hyunjin who for some reason looked uncomfortable. He was being more quiet than usual and it felt weird.
"So Yugyeom What do you plan on being?" My mom asked completely out of no where.
"Um. I haven't thought about it. Probably become my dad's partner in his company." He said unsure.
"That's cool." Hyunjin nodded.
Why is he being so weird?
"So Hyunjin When did you transfer to y/school/n?" Yugyeom asked.
"Um two weeks ago." He answered.
"The teachers already love you. I heard some talking about how good you are in class. They already compare me to you when they're yelling at me about my class work." Yugyeom laughed.
I looked at jae who I knew was enjoying this entire thing. He was looking down at his plate trying his best to not laugh.
"Can someone pass me the fish cake?" I said trying to change the subject.
"The teachers talk about y/n too. They keep her certificates on their walls." He continued.
"We don't have to talk about this really." I interrupted
"Aw she's embarrassed!" Jae said
The rest of the dinner was super awkward. Hyunjin didn't talk. He just eat while making annoyed faces. Jae kept trying to hold his jokes and my mom kept looking at me with sorry eyes.
But finally Yugyeom got a phone call from someone and said he had to leave.
"This was really fun,but I need to go." Yugyeom said.
"This was fun please come again." My mom said but I could clearly see she didn't mean it.
He walked out and as soon as the door closed jae bursted out in to laughter. And Hyunjin just kind of looked him with a smile.
"If you don't talk I will do the dishes!" I said stopping him.
"Deal!" He said running up the stairs.
"Honey I'm sorry I had to put you through this." My mom said.
"It's fine! There are other guys out there that might be equally as smart as me." I said
"I'm going the go to sleep so have fun with the dishes." She said kissing my forehead.
I was doing the dishes when Hyunjin walked in the kitchen with his pajamas on.
"Sup." I said
He smiled and replied saying hi.
"You were quiet tonight." I said
"Didn't have much to say." He said loosing his smile and walking closer.
"What's wrong." I said turning off the water and standing with my arms crossed.
"Everyone knows you deserve someone better. Why do you put yourself through this?" He spoke.
"Better to learn from mistakes. I guess." I laughed.
He looked down and walked forward once again.
"We all know you don't make mistakes." He spoke
I stepped back a little bumping in the fridge behind me.
He continued to walk towards me.
One
More
Step.
He got closer and...

He opened the fridge to get a water bottle out and then proceeded to walk back upstairs.
"Motherfu-" I said
"Do you need something dear?" My mom said walking in the kitchen.
"What? No!" I saved myself
"Okay we'll go to bed we have a busy day tomorrow." She reminded.
"Got it." I said
I walked up stairs and got ready for bed.
But for some reason I couldn't  fall asleep. I kept thinking about why Hyunjin why he was acting so weird. He was acting I don't know? Jealous? . I'm sure it's just all in my head.