{12}

Y/n POV
I was in the library helping Hyunjin with his English homework with Felix when Sam walked in.
"Did you guys hear about the trip?" Sam asked
"What trip?" Hyunjin asked.
Sam held up a brochure showing it to us.
Apparently there was trip that everyone in the grade was going to. It was going to last a week and be spent in the woods to 'get to know nature'. The whole point of it was basically a huge camping trip where we learn how to build a fire or build a shelter. Everyone uses this trip as an excuse to sleep with their boyfriend or girlfriend. Or to get away from parental supervision. But I personally don't have any reason nor desire to spend time away from home. I like to stay at home. Felix however seemed to be very excited to go.
"You're telling me we are going to be camping for an entire week, no schoolwork? I'm so down for this." Felix said.
"What do you think y/n?" Hyunjin asked noticing that I was still being quiet.
"I don't know. Not a fan the outdoors." I stated. He nodded and looked at Sam.
"Are you Crazy? We can leave all our worries behind and spend time together! You are going. Every single one of you. If I have to drag you there i will." Sam said in a almost threatening tone.
I held my arms up in surrender.
--
After school I was helping my mom with dinner when she mentioned the trip.
"So are you excited?" She asked.
"I guess. You know how I am with nature. We don't get along." I said
"I feel better knowing Hyunjin is going." She admitted.
"Why So?" I questioned.
"He's a good kid. He won't let you do anything stupid." She said
"Hey! What is the stupidest thing I could do?" I asked offended by her statement.
"You just get in your emotions a lot. He seems to calm you down." She simply said.
"Hey family. What are we eating today?" Jae said walking into the kitchen.
"Jae I'm glad you're here." I said
"Woah you've never said that before." He said shocked.
"Do you think I get into my feelings too much?" I asked
"If I answer that Promise not to get into your feelings?" Jae asked. I hit his shoulder and pouted.
He winced in pain. "See what we mean?" He defended.
I rolled my eyes and sat at the dinner table.
"Why is she mad?" Hyunjin asked.
"She found out that she gets into her feels a lot." Jae answered
"Well I could have told you that." Hyunjin laughed.
We all sat at the dinner table and began to eat.
"When's the camping trip?" Jae asked
"2 weeks." I answered.
"I hope you losers have fun for once." He joked
I rolled my eyes.
"Thank you." I said sarcastically.
After dinner Hyunjin volunteered to do the dishes which resulted in me getting a speech from my mother of how 'y/n you should be more like Hyunjin.' Jae thought it was funny I was just trying to look like I was listening. After dinner I just went to bed.
-
Hyunjin pov
After dinner I took a shower and started to get ready for bed when I heard a knock on the door.
I walk over to it and opened it and i was greeted by a happy face.
"Hi there" I greeted in a confused tone.
"Hi" he greeted back.
"Do you mind putting on a shirt?" Jae asked.
My eyes widened as I look down to see I was only wearing a pair of gray sweatpants. I walked towards my closet and threw on a shirt and walked back to see Jae sitting on my bed.
"Um so like why are you here?" I asked
"Oh right. So like do you have a crush on my little sister?" He said. My eyes widened and my cheeks started to heat up.
"Chill that was a joke." He said suddenly I could breathe again.
"You almost got me there." I laughed holding my chest
"Listen I just want you to do me a favor. You know y/n" He asked
"Hm, sounds familiar." I joked he laughed and continued
"I need you to make sure she's okay." He said
"Is there something wrong with her?" I asked both confused and concerned.
"No no it's just I want to make sure she isn't holding in all her feelings. She acts like she has everything together and when you meet her you think she can't do anything wrong. But it's small things that send her off the edge." He said
"Basically please make sure she's okay if you ever sense she's not acting like herself please promise me you will try to help her out of it."
I looked at him with shocked eyes
"Yes of course. But where did this come from is y/n okay?" I asked still concerned
"No, I mean yes she's fine. But sometimes she holds in all her thoughts and doesn't share her feelings until one day she breaks." Jae says
"She's been doing it ever since she was a little kid. Mom and I just have gotten used to it." He continues. I nod and look down at my hands.
"Anyways you should get some sleep. I'm sorry for bringing this up so late. I just felt better knowing we had another person to take care of that weirdo." He joked trying to lighten the mood. Which oddly did.
"Goodnight Jae." Hyunjin giggled and waved to Jae as he walked out of his room.
I tried to go to sleep but all I could think about was y/n. We're close right? She wouldn't need to hide anything from me. She could trust me right?
I shook away my thoughts and drifted away into sleep.