twenty-three

•••

Ivy walked down the stairs, taking a sharp turn to look at the quidditch results. She was already positive she made the team, but it was still good to be sure. She read through the names, a pleasant smile on her face as she came to the Beaters. The smile was wiped off her face once she didn't find her name.

She read through it at least five more times, still searching for 'Ivy Scott' to be listed under the position of a Beater, but it was no use. She wasn't even a reserve.

Ivy forced herself away from the paper and walked to the seventh year boys dorms, swearing under her breath as she knocked angrily. Tom, one of his many crony's answered the door.

         "Ivy?"

         "Tell Andrews to get his ass out here."

         Tom widened his eyes fearfully and turned around as he closed the door, the faint sound of talking being heard from inside the dorm. Ivy wasn't as intimidating as some, but it wasn't hard to tell when she was angry. Adam opened it a few seconds later.

        "Scott?"

         "Are you serious? You put that second year as a Beater? Not to be cocky, but we both know I was the best Beater trying out," Ivy said angrily. Adam smiled with a sarcastic smile, happy he had ruffled her feathers.

        "She was just better than you," He said, shrugging. Ivy groaned, clenching her fists and squeezing her eyes shut.

         "You are unbelievable! Just because I said no to your offer of a date doesn't mean you need to take it personal! The team's gonna lose every game this year, I hope you know that," Ivy yelled, crossing her arms.

         "Saying no to my date was very personal. And we won't lose, that beater has a lot of potential."

        "Oh yes you will! You aren't supposed to let your feelings get in the way of talent!" Ivy said. He shrugged once more, not saying anything. "Fine. When you lose every game, don't come crawling back to me, douchebag."

        She walked away, huffing angrily as she walked down the stairs quickly. She stopped in the middle of the hallway for a second to think about what just happened. She turned towards the girls lavatory, closing the door behind her and fuming, clenching her fists and pacing back and forth. She didn't know what to do.

         After a while of walking around angrily, she realized breakfast was over and class was almost about to begin. She walked quickly to Transfiguration, barely making it. Jessica, Chloe, and Bella all turned to look at her.

          "Close one, Ms. Scott," McGonagall said with a curt nod as Ivy sat down, smiling at her.

         "We tried to cover for you, but McGonagall saw through our lies," Jessica whispered as they answered the questions. "And we saw the quidditch results. Adam's so stupid, you were fan-fucking-tastic last year. They'll lose every game this year, for sure."

          "I hope. Merlin, he's so full of himself," Ivy said quietly. Once class started, it went by decently quick. Before she could comprehend what was happening, it was dinner time and James Potter was approaching her with Remus, Sirius, and Peter by his side.

          "Ivy!" James shouted, walking quickly. Peter was struggling to keep up with his brisk pace. She smiled at them as they came to a stop. "We need your help with a prank."

          "Alright, what is it?" Ivy asked. James grabbed her arm and took her to the courtyard, sitting down on the benches.

         "So, this is a prank for Slytherin," James began as Ivy nodded, trying to keep up, "we want glitter. Like, red and gold glitter that falls over the table tomorrow morning at breakfast time. But we don't know how to hold it up."