forty-six

•••

        Justin's hand hovered over his left arm, daring to take a step closer. Ivy paused, thinking about the situation carefully, a million thoughts running through her head.

        "Justin," Ivy said, trying to remain as calm as possible, but you could still hear a waver in her voice. "Please. Be smart about this."

         "I am!" Justin shouted, his hand twitching towards his forearm. Ivy took a step back, trying to get him to put away the dark mark.

        Ivy blinked, thinking thoroughly about what to do. She assumed Remus was contacting the Order in the other room, hidden from Justin. She wanted to just stall until they all got here, but she wasn't sure if Justin would be so patient.

        As Ivy began to reply, a figure apparated, interrupting her. Justin placed his hand on the Dark Mark, summoning their army as Ivy's came behind her.

White and black smoke appeared in and outside of Ivy and Remus's home, causing spells and curses to already be thrown at everyone. Sirius decked Justin in the face. Bellatrix Lestrange tried to cast a spell towards James, but he deflected it.

As everyone got there, a full-on battle began. Spells were cast, injuries made. As Ivy battled alongside her friends and mentors, she thought carefully about what to do, since this whole battle was sort of over her.

It seemed their goal was to capture Ivy and get her to join their side. Through torture or bribing, they would do anything. If she won't give them any information even with torture, she would be killed. Once she gave them enough information, she'd probably be killed. Seemed like a lose-lose situation.

Ivy thought as quickly as she could for a solution. People could die on her behalf. She decided to take a different angle. They want her information. How can she get rid of that information, or make it completely inaccessible?

          It came to her in a flash. A plan laid out before her eyes. She smiled slightly before running across the small battlefield they set up, grabbing Sirius's hand and hiding behind a piece of wall that managed to survive all the spells.

         "I have a plan," Ivy said quickly, spells flying over their heads. Sirius waited for her to continue. "I'm going to Obliviate myself."

        He blinked. Then blinked again, waiting for her to say this was a joke or something. "Seriously?"

        "Think about it!" Ivy said impatiently, looking around her for any enemies. "They want me because of my knowledge and connection to Justin. If I can get rid of those, they won't want me anymore!"

        "They'd just kill you then!" Sirius said back, worry overcoming him as he thought of what could happen to his best friend.

        "It's better than all of our information getting leaked! I'll die either way!"

         "I don't want you to die!"

         "I won't if you cover me. Perhaps they'll just leave me alone then," Ivy said, getting more and more impatient as their time to plan things began to run out.

        "This is too risky!"

        "What other plan do we have?!" Ivy yelled back at him. Sirius fell silent. Ivy sighed. "I'm going to grab their attention, and make them all watch me Obliviate myself."

        "What if you erase too much? What if you cause yourself to forget everything?" Sirius worried.

        "We don't have time for this!" Ivy said, looking around herself. They were quite far away from the battlefield, but close enough to be caught and killed. "I've cast the Memory Charm before. I'll be okay. And if I erase too much, so what?! It's better than everyone being killed because they manage to gain my knowledge!"