eighteen

•••

        Ivy didn't get much sleep that night. She spent it worrying about the results they would be getting.

        She woke up at an abnormally early time. Since it was still halfway dark outside, she waited until it was kind of reasonable to get dressed and prepare for the day ahead of her. She tried to just wait until she heard someone else, biting her nails as she sat on the bed, her hair still unbrushed and no shoes on. After a few minutes of contemplating her options, she finished getting ready and walked out of her room, immediately knocking on Remus's door timidly.

        He opened it, looking down at Ivy. He had woken up a few minutes ago and was still composing himself, his hair still tousled and not yet brushed.

        "How long have you been awake?" Ivy asked as Remus shrugged.

"Ten minutes or so."

"Well, I woke up an hour ago out of anxiety," She complained dramatically as Remus leaned against the door frame, smirking. "I can't look at my scores! They'll be bad!"

        "I promise you they won't be bad. You're the smartest person I know and you've been studying like crazy for the past five months," Remus said quietly. Ivy sighed and looked at him with worried eyes. It was silent for a few seconds.

        "How do you think you did?" Ivy asked, breaking the silence. Remus shrugged.

        "I think I did alright. Maybe not incredible, but good enough." He said while Ivy looked down at her black shoes.

        She was about to say something but suddenly, Sirius slammed open his door and looked at the two standing there. They both turned around to see him.

       "Good morning, you guys," Sirius said as he walked over and stood next to them, placing his hands on his hips. "I'm assuming James and Peter are still asleep?"

"I guess. We haven't talked to them." Remus said as Sirius nodded.

        "I'm going to go wake him up. I'll need your help, Ivy. Remus, you can wake Peter up, he's always been a light sleeper." Sirius said as he swung open James's door, Ivy following behind him. "Wake up, asshat!"

         James groaned and pulled the pillow over his head. Sirius got onto his bed and began to jump up and down. James swept his legs out from under him, causing Sirius to fall off of his bed with a loud noise.

        Ivy grabbed a pillow and began to beat him with it. James groaned once more and reluctantly sat up from where he was laying down.

"Ivy, not you too, please, just let me sleep," James pleaded as he fake cried. Ivy laughed.

        "It's late. You need to get up," Ivy said as she threw the pillow at him again. He rubbed his eyes as Ivy walked out with Sirius over to where Remus was standing outside of Peter's door. The three talked until Peter came out of his room. James was taking a very long time to get dressed.

"Where is James?" Remus said as Sirius sighed and opened his door.

"He's asleep again! That bastard!" Sirius yelled as he ran in and jumped on him, laying down on top of James's back. James yelped as Sirius got up and pulled him out of bed. Remus, Peter, and Ivy watched, very amused.

"You need to wake up, it's almost eleven," Ivy said, walking in. James got up and walked into his closet, swiping through the clothes. He walked out after a few minutes of rummaging, then walking into the bathroom and locking the door behind him. They waited for a few minutes. All of them made light conversation except Ivy, who was ridden with anxiety, staring off into space. Peter and Sirius were arguing about something as Remus smirked, intervening every once in a while to give his opinion. He glanced over to her.