twenty-four

•••

"No! We aren't going to have some lame ass party! This is the big one-seven. He's turning seventeen!" James exclaimed to Ivy as she smiled. Remus walked along side of him, rolling his eyes.

"But where would we have the party? And you know people are gonna want alcohol. He is turning the legal age you can drink," Remus observed. Ivy's face flushed as she recalled the night where she went on and on about Remus, decently drunk on Butterbeer, somehow.

"You know Fabian and Gideon are pros at sneaking in Alcohol. And the room of requirement is always open," James said in a sing song voice.

"What is the Room of Requirement?" Ivy asked. James gasped, looking at her.

"You haven't lived until you've been in the Room of Requirement!" James said, shaking his head as he took a turn, walking down the stairs with Ivy following behind him.

"That doesn't answer my question," Ivy said grouchily with a roll of her eyes. Remus chuckled before explaining.

"It's this room that supplys you with whatever you need. You think it and it appears. James says that if we think about a party, we'll have everything we need for one," Remus explained. Ivy nodded, understanding mildly.

"Okay, I guess I understand. Also, where are Sirius and Peter?" Ivy said. James shrugged with a smile.

"Peter needs extra help in Transfiguration and Sirius is helping him with the work since he's good at it," James said with a laugh. They sat down in the Great Hall at one of the tables.

        "So we'll have a party this Friday night in the room of requirement. Fabian and Gideon can bring alcohol and Marlene can spread the word. Who's coming?" Remus said. James shrugged, thinking carefully about who should come to Sirius's birthday bash.

"Us, of course, almost all respectable Gryffindors in fifth year and above. Ivy's little group of friends. That's it, I guess," James said, shrugging.

        Once the word was spread, it was all people talked about for the next few days, buzzing with excitement about the party. On Friday immediately after dinner, Ivy and Remus prepared, walking in and examining the party space.

        "Holy shit!" Ivy said. This was her first time using the Room of Requirement, so it was all sort of a shock. The room had a high ceiling and supplied muggle speakers with several song choices by wizard and muggle artists plus a dance floor and a disco ball. There was a table off to the side for drinks and refreshments and a few chairs. A few minutes later, Fabian and Gideon walked in, carrying bottles of alcohol and plastic cups.

        "Yo yo! We got the booze!" Gideon exclaimed excitedly as they set down everything. "Firewhisky, Tequila, Butterbeer, you name it, bitches."

"Great," Remus said with a grin. The red-headed twins turned their attention to Ivy.

"Greetings, Scott," Gideon said with a wink. Ivy gave a smile as they set down all the alcohol and cups.

        "Hello, Prewett. And, other Prewett," Ivy said, the smallest hint of distaste in her eyes as she glanced over at the other red headed twin who was already staring at her.

       "Hi, Scott," Fabian said, offering a smile as he turned away. They both chose to ignore the incident at the quidditch game where she insulted him relentlessly and he knocked her out even though it's what was on both of their minds.

"Ready to get blackout drunk, Mrs. Perfect?" Gideon said with the shimmy of his shoulders. Ivy rolled her eyes, placing a hand on her hip.

"No. The group needs a mediator. Like... a designated driver."