Chapter 17

Genova's Point Of View

Another month has passed by again since Matt discovered the beings that lived amongst him. As predicted by Mahogany he indeed has been avoiding any of us when it came to school. It even got so bad that Shawn had mentioned seeing Matt at the office asking one of the ladies if he were allowed to transfer schools so far into the year.

 He was denied of course. Every time I have tried to talk to him he threatens me saying that if I didn't go away he would tell everyone about my secret. And he would have me killed. Of course I never mentioned any of these encounters with Cameron because he would kill Matt. As of right now it was third period. 

Although I wasn't in class, I was ditching. I didn't mean to ditch class but for the past few days I have been feeling something uneasy. Like a being I was unfamiliar with was present. The feeling got so bad that I even threw up my breakfast this morning. But good thing I made it into the bathroom. Now it just looks like someone had a very bad period. Now I was currently just walking the halls of the school. 

This town was quite small meaning they didn't have much out there to entertainment me with. So I just surfed the halls reading all the cheesy posters that marked the walls of the schools trying to persuade students not to underage drink or to not do drugs. Pfft like anyone ever looked and listened to these things.

 Everything was peaceful and quiet until I turned the corner of the halls suddenly hearing a commotion that erupted from the janitors closet. At first I walked off think it was some horny teenagers getting it on but once that voice rung through I knew it wasn't some simple hook up. ' Get off me please ' Matt begged. '  Matt ? '

I called out walking towards the door. ' Genova is that you ? please help me Genova please ' Matt screamed in bloody murder. I lingered towards the door immediately smelling someone unfamiliar in there alongside Matt. I brought my nose to the crack of the door taking a whiff. It was one the Vampires from the other side. I knew for a fact it was one of them. I could smell it ...

I broke out of my trance realising that I could no longer hear Matt begging for his life but I could smell blood that was vaguely familiar. As the realisation hit me my blood began to boil. I brought my leg up kicking down the door and saw none other than Alison. Alison Whittmore was a girl that once stood with us. 

Although she was always the one that caused our community trouble. There had been countless times where our beings were almost caught by mortals due to her recklessness. She would speed off in public places, she would drink off of people without healing them or even erasing their memory and she would walk around in broad daylight fangs and claws prominent. 

The Vampire Council always had eyes on her because she simply did not care. But it wasn't long till she got sick and tired of Vampire officials following he watching her every move so she transferred to the other side and was now. One of our enemies. 

I glanced up at her seeing that she had a knife pressed up against Matt's neck allowing blood to ooze out of his neck. '  Matt ' I yelled stepping closer to Alison. ' Step back Genova ' Alison smirked. ' Take one more step Genova or your pretty little boyfriend over here get's drained of blood till his body goes limp.. that sound familiar ? ' Alison smirked. I knew she would stick to her word if I came any closer to I turned to Cameron.

Mind Conversation between Cameron and Genova 

Genova: Cameron I need your help

Cameron: Hey you missed it Taylor compelled Mr Zaballa to dance on the table, such a classic 

Genova: Cameron not the time I need you right now 

Cameron: Where are you ?

Genova:  I'm in front of the janitors closet West Wing 

Genova: And we've got company

Cameron: I'm on my way.

' What Genova you give up already ? ' Alison asked as she watched me just stand there. ' Please just let go of Matt he isn't part of this' I pleaded buying Cameron some time. ' Ha why would I do that, watching you beg thrills me ' Alison giggled. ' Come on Genova, Matt's looking pretty tasty his veins are practically begging me to bite into them ' Alison muttered kissing Matt's neck. Matt stood there body starting to pale in colour. ' Stop please ' I screamed. ' I'll do anything ' I lied.

' Anything ? ' Alison smirked getting interested. ' Ha nope ' Cameron smirked falling from the air vents behind Alison. He punched Alison in the stomach causing her to lung forward stabbing Matt in the neck even deeper. ' Matt ' I gasped. Alison then dropped Matt and sped of with Cameron trailing behind her. ' Oh my god are you okay ? please be okay ' 

I rushed cradling his head. ' I need to get you out of here before someone sees ' I mutter to myself before slinging Matt's body over my shoulder speeding to my place in case his mom was home. I sped up to my room and gently laid Matt down on my bed. ' Matt I know you think I'm a monster but you have to drink from me ' I slowly explained to a drowsy Matt rolling up my sleeves. ' W-What ? ' Matt stuttered. 

' You have to drink my blood so it can heal you, I can heal you by touch the cuts too deep ' I explained examining his wound. I glanced down at Matt watching as he struggled to mutter out words. Every passing minute that went by Matt's body continued to get pale. Almost turning grey. I knew I had to do this by force seeing as I was running out of time. I moved Matt's head into my lap then I bit into my wrist and put it towards his mouth. 

At first he refused to drink moving away from my writ but then he laster calmed down and started drinking willingly. I glanced down at Matt watching as his body regained colour and the slit that once lined his neck slowly laced together and screwed back shut. Looking as if nothing happened. Once I checked that everything was back into place I took my wrist from Matt's mouth and wiped the excess blood from his lip with my thumb. 

Matt slowly moved his head and looked up at me and just stared. His eyes seemed to skim over every part of my face as if he were seeing it for the first time. As we both stared into each others eyes Matt grabbed my face and pulled me down to his level joining our lips together. My eyes went wide but then fluttered close kissing back. Matt's lips felt soft on mine. The familiar twist in my stomach warmed my stomach.