Chapter 11

Genova's Point Of View 

Adelaide strides over to out table making the sounds of our laughter come to a halt. Knowing she had an issue with me, it didnt come as a surprise when her body came towards me leaning straight over me. Her mouth was brought up to my ear. And there she whispers. 

' You better get use to getting my sloppy seconds now Genova because I got to Matt before you did '  She taunted before moving away from me walking off with a smirk plastered against her lips. My eyes stayed glued onto her being as she walked across the cafeteria sitting  back down where she was earlier placed. Next to Matt that is. 

She knew for a fact that my eyes were on her so she had no trouble in wrapping her arms around Matt placing her plagued lips on his cheek. I watched as Matt became aware of her actions before scanning around the cafeteria to meet sudden eye contact with me. I propped my arms up onto the table bringing myself out of my seat before stepping out making my way out of there. 

I knew that if I stayed there any longer thing her taunting I would do something that would land me in trouble. I made my way through the halls trying to navigate myself to the courtyard but I wasn't alone. ' Genova wait '  Matt called out from behind me. I couldn't stop, I didn't want to stop so I kept on going. It probably didn't help that Matt was as stubborn as me so he caught up and grabbed my arm 

' Matt let go of me ' I muttered not wanting to get into anything right now knowing I was mad with the previous events. ' No Genova I'm not going to let go of you cause I know that something is up with you  and I need to know what it is ' Matt explained. ' Because  if there is an issue and it happens it include me you should just tell me ! ' Matt spat starting to get irate. 

I turned around stopping right on my tracks not taking the tone that he was using on me. ' You know what Matt yeah there is a problem, I need you to stay away from me I need you to stay away from my friends. We cant be friends with you anymore. I don't want you around '  I spat Matt stood there looking at me dead in the eyes completely and utterly confused. ' You don't get to make that decision Genova you can't speak for all your friends ' Matt argued.

' Yes can Matt and I will ' I seethed before turning around leaving him where he was. ' I dont wanna stay away from you Genova I don't think I can ' he called out behind me clearly saddened by the strength of his voice. I stopped where I was contemplating whether I should turn around and face the boy or leave it be. ' Well you better learn how to Matt ' sighed before continuing down the hall deciding to leave him be.

Matt's Point Of View 

It's weird how the people in your life just suddenly drop out of your life. One day they could be right by your side awaiting to face the challenges of tomorrow and in the next they simply have disappeared letting you face the challenges alone. I knew our friendship was quite new but I had no idea it would be that easy for her to drop it like it was nothing. But then again relationships are easy to drop if no feelings are present. 

...

I walked through my front door coming home from school. Due the previous events I had no intention on continuing the day as I was put in a bad mood I just didn't have the will power to keep going so ill set that mission aside for the next day. I drop my bag against the wall and walked up the stairs headed straight to my room. It was a good thing my mum was on a business trip because I was no way shape or form to explain to her why I was skipping school so early to to my initial start. 

Upon entering my room  my phone went off capturing my attention. So I place myself onto my chair slipping my phone out of my jeans. It was weird as to why I was so fast to believe that my phone could display Genova's name so soon after what had happened. But I was soon disappointed to see that it was not Genova, rather it be Adelaide who had texted me, asking if I was interested  to go to the movies with her at 4:00. 

It was currently 2:55 but maybe I should just drop my friendship with Genova. I mean she already had. Before I could even make up my mind my thumbs were aimlessly typing on my keyboard putting together a set of words before hitting send. ' Yeah sure ill go ' 

At the mall

' So Adelaide where do you wanna go first since it's a little easy for our movie ? ' I asked following her around. ' Lets go shopping ' Adelaide suggested. Not even allowing me to agree as she then dragged me store to store going into forever 21, tiles, urban outfitters, Victoria secret you name it. 

And if things couldn't get any worse I had to pay for all her shopping as she claimed that she had left her wallet at home. There goes the money my mom gave me for groceries. I knew there was no way I was getting that money back. But you know who wouldn't let me pay for anything ? Genova 

Flash Back

' Come on Genova let's go to tillies!! ' I suggested. ' Okay okay ' Genova laughed trailing behind me. We walked into the store and made our way to the back where all the penny Board were put on display. Ranging from colour, design and shape. ' Wow '  Genova muttered eying out pastel pink penny board. ' You like that one ? ' I asked with an eyebrow up. ' Yeah it's so aesthetically pleasing ' she chuckled admiring it. 

' Come on let's go ' Genova said walking out. ' Hold on I'll be back in a second meet me outside ' I said pushing her to the exit. ' Okay ' she answered. Once her back way turned I quickly grab the board off the wall and paid for it walking towards the exit that Genova was at. ' Here you go ' I said smiling as I slung the bag back and forth in front of Gneova. ' No you didn't ' Genova gasped. I just smiled staring down at her 

' Nope there's no way bring it back this was really expensive I looked at the price tag before leaving ' Genova dabbled trying to pull me back to Tillies. ' Nope come on I insist it's a gift for my dear friend ' I smiled. She knew she wouldn't win so she just smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist. ' Thank you Matt your the sweetest ' she said then she got on her tippy toes and kissed my cheek. 

' Come on let's go get Taco Bell Im starving ' I said then we walked to the food court with Genova still wrapped around me

End Of Flashback

' Come on Matt lets go to Target I need to get a few things ' Adelaide muttered pointing at the big red sign. ' Uh no thanks I just remembered my mom needs me to do a couple errands so I think Im gonna head out you can stay though ' I said backing away towards the nearest exit. ' Oh but how about our movie ? ' she called out as I got further and further away . 

' Watch it yourself ' I called out rolling my eyes. I decided that I wasn't going to do anything at home so I headed in the direction of the food court. Where I purchased my food and sat down at the closest vacant table. I was quietly eating for a bit but it wasn't till I was finished that I started to hear people talking rather loudly in the booth located behind me. 

' I can't do it Cameron I just feel like they're going to do something bad with him, she even said it herself she felt something in him that didn't make him normal ' someone said. ' Its okay Genova she was probably just taunting you Im sure it's nothing ' they continued. 

Didn't make him normal ?