Chapter 48

Lucy's Point Of View 

Genova gave me simple instructions to do, give the cure to Matt, I knew Cameron would not accept what she pleases to do so I knew there was no point in telling him what Genova desired. So I did the only thing I could do. Shove the cure down Matt's throat, so by the time Cameron has gone to Matt to retrieve the cure, it had already dissolved in his throat.

 I watched as Cameron's eyes grew with anger. I knew Cameron wanted to save Genova but she didn't want to be saved. You cant save a person who doesn't want to be. She wanted Matt to live. She wanted Matt to live in this new life, to experience everything from a different point of view. She wanted Matt to fall in love again and move on. 

Genova made me promise her that under no circumstances will I let Cameron give her the cure. As much as I wanted Genova to live she wanted Matt alive and I wasn't gonna break her wishes. ' Why did you do that ? It was the only way to save Genova and you wasted it on that lunatic ' Cameron spat walking up to me to which he grabbed me by my shoulders with such force. 

As my eyes stared into Cameron's I realised that during the time while I was gone Cameron had changed and he had changed a lot, before I disappeared and was kidnapped by Jason. Cameron was the nicest person I knew. He would always put other people's needs before his and his voice would never louden at another mortal or supernatural being. 

Cameron always thought love would fix everything and that's what he believed in, that no one would change. He was always so cheerful and happy but I don't know what happened. When I use to look into his eyes every time no doubt I saw passion, kindness and love in them but now all I see is darkness, anger and sorrow. 

I knew the old Cameron was long gone and I'm not sure if I would ever get him back. My eyes squinted with all the pain that Cameron was causing. His hands had so much grip on my shoulders that I felt as if my bones were breaking. I guess Cameron saw how much pain he was putting me through

because I watched as Camerons eyes went from dark to pained to sorrow in a matter of seconds. ' I-I'm sorry Lucy ' Cameron whispered letting go, slowly backing away from me. ' But why did you do that ?, that was our only hope on saving Genova why ? ' Cameron asked in a whisper. 

I swallowed a lump in my throat that I didn't even know was forming before answering. ' I-I had to Cameron ' I answered scared for his reaction. ' What do you mean you had to ?! ' Cameron cried pulling at the roots of his hair. ' I made a promise to Genova she told me under no circumstances were I gonna allow you to save her, 

she made me promise her that I was going to give the cure to Matt and save him instead of her ' I explained walking towards Cameron. ' But why ?! Lucy why would Genova save Matt instead of herself ? ' Cameron asked; with his eyes begging for an answer. ' Didn't you see it Cameron ? ' I asked Cameron would have seen it.

 Anyone around Genova and Matt would have saw what they had towards each other Cameron should have known, he could sense love not even a cm away from him. ' See what ? ' Cameron asked. I contemplated whether to tell him or not but he had to know sooner or later ' Cameron 

' Genova and Matt were in love '

Cameron's Point Of View

' Genova and Matt were In love Cameron ' Lucy sighed. ' What do you mean they were in love ? '  I asked confused. Genova was mine she was my mate. ' How can she love someone else when she was my mate. You can't love anyone else. 

When your someone's mate it means you are destined to be with each other. This doesn't add up ' I rambled. ' They were in love Cameron you could clearly see it. Don't you see the way Genova looks at Matt ? don't you see the way Matt acts around Genova ? they love each other. How could you not have see it ? ' She asked looking straight into my eyes. 

' B-because she's my mate Lucy, all my focus is on her, nothing else ' I said looking down. No one said a word so I took this time to just ponder on my life way before this mayhem came about. 

They did love each other. I guess I was just too jealous to see that. I mean every time Matt was around Genova I would have so much of my focus on her and her wellbeing, I guess I didn't really look into her actions and my surroundings. 

I ran my fingers through my hair for the millionth time before sighing. ' You know the reason for your question ' Lucy sighed. ' W-what are you talking about ? ' I asked not knowing what she was implying. ' Why Genova loves Matt instead of you, even though you were her mate ? ' she asked. 

' N-no I don't ' I stuttered. ' I have no idea what your talking about ' I said. And thats when Lucy's eyes widened 

Lucy's Point Of View 

' What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about Cameron ? don't I mean anything to you ? ' I asked. H-how could he not know why Genova didn't love him back. D-did he forget ?. ' I have no idea what your talking about Lucy, Genova was my mate how could she not love me back ? '  Cameron asked becoming desperate. 

I look around the room to see everyone looking away from my gaze. ' H-he doesn't remember ? ' Mahogany asked through my mind. ' H-how could he forget ? ' I asked Mahogany could not come up with an answer. 

Cameron d-don't you r-remember ? 

We were mates before Genova came along