Chapter 28

Jessica's Point Of View 

Flashback 

' Babe ? ' I muttered looking up to meet Shawn's gaze. ' Yes ? ' he answered placing a kiss on my lips. ' I have a question ' I said. ' Okay shoot ' he retorted. ' Why did you keep me in that room for a week ? ' I asked remembering to last week when Shawn had kept me in a room tied up with a fridge full of blood packs, a bed and a locked door. 

' Because Jessica, when vampires first turn they are fuelled with power. So much power that they become one of the strongest vampires in existence till their powers fan out and lessen according to their stance. The reason why I kept you in that room locked away so that your powers were able to lessen faster and so that you weren't able to harm anyone around you ' Shawn explained to me. 

 ' But I don't want to hurt anyone ' I muttered. ' And you wont, I will train you till you are able to control yourself ' Shawn muttered. ' You promise you'll teach me ? ' I asked. ' I promise, I'll be by your side through everything' 

End of Flashback 

' M-matt ? ' I muttered softly trying to break him out of his trance. He looked at me with confusion written all over his face. His eyes were pure red, his skin was glowing and his fangs were as sharp as knives. We all stood in silence not knowing what to say. 

We all knew that it one thing you never did to a new born vampire was provoke them. As they held the most power in existence right now as they powers slowly lessen over time. Out of all of us no one knew how to speak to Matt, afraid that he would lash out and kill us all.

 But someone had to talk. ' Your a-a vampire ' Shawn whispered making Matt turn in his direction. Matt's eyes widened at Shawn's comment stepping towards him as Shawn stepped back causing him to stop in his tracks. ' It worked ? ' he whispered making me glance at him.

' What do you mean it worked ? ' Cameron asked. ' I-i actually turned ' Matt answered. Matt was about to say something else when a serious look made its way onto his face making grow in fear. ' Where's Genova ' Matt asked. ' We don't know she disappeared when you died ' Taylor softly explaining finally speaking after who knows how long of being silent.

  ' You mean she disappeared when I was dead during the transition ? '  Matt asked. ' No You died man your heart stopped beating for almost more than ten minutes, we thought you didn't make it through the transition then out of no where your heart beat started to race ' Carter said putting his hands under his arms. ' We have to find Genova '  Matt said making all of us nod our heads.

  ' We were going to but no one knew where to start there are a lot of places around here man ' Nash explained. ' Cameron can't you get into her mind and talk to her ? ' Matt asked. ' If I could don't you think I would have tried already ' Cameron said charging towards Matt. ' Hey hey ' Taylor and Shawn said holding Cameron back.

' What's your problem ' Matt asked starting to get angry. ' Matt please calm down your the most powerful being right known this room and I don't wanna die right now do please breathe ' Mahogany cooed. ' Mahogany maybe telling him he has enough power to kill us all in one quick move isnt a good idea ' Taylor smiled slapping her arm. 

 ' Guys stop It fighting isn't gonna get us anywhere we have to find Genova ' Jessica said calming everyone down. ' What's wrong with you Matt ' Cameron making Jessica scoff pushing Cameron away from Matt. Cameron just rolled his eyes and stormed outside.

Genova's Point Of View 

Brightness finally came to me after being surrounded by darkness for quite some time. My eyes fluttered open meeting with a ceiling that seemed to be spinning above me. I brought my hand up to my head rubbing my temples.

 When finally regained my steady eye sight I saw that I was in a dim room. There was only one source of light that barely lit up the whole room and I was tied up to a chair. I was planning on ripping my arms out of the cuffs but I came to find out that I couldn't. 

I was weak. I looked around the see an air vent that had vervain taped to the top of it, so all the air that was being pushed through the vent filtered the vervain spreading the fragrance all throughout the room weakening me.

 Vervain was one of the little things that made vampires weak. They basically posed as a weapon that  burned us if we touched it; like silverware to a werewolf. For years vampires were repelled by using vervain. 

But since 1960 the former Vampires as the time were able to destroyed every trace of it. But I guess not all of the vervain was destroyed. ' Well well well I'm happy that your finally awake honey. But your gonna wish you didn't '. I picked my head up and turned towards the door to see a figure.

D-dad ?