Chapter 54

Johnson's Point Of View 

A sacrifice was defined as the giving up of something for the sake of other considerations. A sacrifice was what I was doing. I had just been around for a few minutes but I could no longer stand the sadness and sorrow that decided to camp amongst my friends

Their sadness caused such an ache in me that I was willing to sacrifice my own life for their happiness. Genova was the glue that held onto everyone in the group keeping them grounded. Id rather them lose a single piece like me rather than Genova the glue..

...

 A final tear streamed down my face as the final words of the spell left my mouth. It was done the spell was working. My body started to glow catching Gilinsky's  attention from the front of the room where he stood. 

There I was towards the back of the room kneeling down on my knee with one foot straight, I held my hand up to my heart with my fist clenched along with my jaw. I slowly looked up at Gilinsky seeing his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. As he realised what I was doing his eyes widened.

' J ? ' Gilinsky stuttered. ' I'm so sorry buddy ' I whispered. ' See you soon brother; Ill meet you on the other side ' I smiled. A tear streamed down Gilinsky's face as he  looked down at me he immediately shook his head ' no ' he stated.

I was confused as to why he said that but my mind instantly understood it when. Gilinsky sped right up to me and kneeled down on one knee holding his hand up to his chest as well. Gilinsky turned his head towards me looking at me straight in the eyes.

' No brother left behind ' he smiled holding onto my hand that dangled on the side of my body.

Jack Gilinsky's Flashback 

I dangled my feet over the edge of the cliff that over looked the city. It was a cold chilli night and everything was quiet. It was 3:40 am and here I was all alone in Los Angeles. 

But I spoke too soon as a sudden gush of wind surrounded my body making me close my eyes. And as I opened them back up a clear vision of Johnson was sitting right next to me. ' Hey bro ' he mutteredI smiled staring off into the distance.'  Hey Johnson ' sighed. ' 19 cities ' Johnson sighed.

 ' When will we ever feel belonged ? ' he asked. But I knew he wasn't asking me he was asking the gods up above. ' What have we done to grow up with no family ? ' Johnson whispered. I turned my attention to Jack to see a tear stream down his face. I took my thumb and wiped his tear. 

' Maybe it's fate J ' I answered. ' Maybe we're suppose to be lonely maybe that's the thing that's gonna push us to find someone that will actually care for us; Just maybe ' I sighed. Johnson scoffed at my statement ' is that fates way of pushing us to look harder? ' Jack asked ' maybe ' I smiled ' then fate is a jerk ' Johnson chuckled. 

I stared off Into the city again letting my mind speak ' I don't really care if we ever feel belong again. I haven't felt belong in so long that I forgot how it use to feel ' I admitted. ' But I don't really care as long as I have my brother that's all that matters ' I whispered

' You and me against the world ? ' 

You and me

End Of Flashback 

Glilinsky took one more glance at me before shutting his eyes

Adoni, Helumnay Peenay Adoni Helumnay Peenay The gods do command theefrom thy majesty Oh mapulamun Adoni Helumnay Peenay come forward blessed one nowknow your calling come forward oh blessed one

As Gilinsky was about to repeat the last chant we both looked around the room to see all our friends looking at us some with confusion and some with tears in their eyes. ' What are you guys doing ? ' Cameron sniffled 

I just smiled ' I'm sorry Cameron but we have to do this ' Gilinsky said looking up at the ceiling. ' It's our time. The universe is satisfied with our actions. We have done all our quests in this world. We have to find peace now ' Gilinsky whispered.

As his body glowed even brighter like mine. ' We love you ' Mahogany cried knowing exactly what we were trying to do. So she walked up to us wrapping her arms around Jack and I. Cameron sniffled walking up to us as well taking us in his embrace.

Everyone started walking up to us and joining into the hug. ' Don't worry guys we love you so much we'll always be watching out for you guys. It may seem like we aren't but we will be. You guys were the only people in this world that didn't judge us when we first met.

You guys got to know us. You guys treated us like the family we never had and we will forever be grateful of that. Just know that once we cross over to the other side. We will always be there. We will always watch over you guys and we will always protect you.

Forever 

Adoni, Helumnay Peenay Adoni Helumnay Peenay The gods do command theefrom thy majesty Oh mapulamun Adoni Helumnay Peenay come forward blessed one nowknow your calling come forward oh blessed one

' Forever ' Gilinsky smiled. I closed my eyes and took my last embrace of my friends that grasped me with their life and just like that all pain left my body and darkness over took us.

We were gone.

Cameron's Point Of View 

We will always protect you 

Forever

And just like that the body of our friends disappeared in mid air making our grasps drop. We all looked at each other with tears in our eyes. They were gone.

Mahogany closed her eyes letting a single tear stream down her face. She looked up at the ceiling with a frown plastered onto her face.  'T-they're gone ' Mahogany whispered with her voice cracking at the end. 

' They're r-really g-gone, w-why did they leave ? ' Shawn whispered looking down as he wrapped his arms around Mahogany's shaking body.

' I-I don't know ' I answered. Carter lifted his head up making full eye contact with me as his eyebrows furrowed . ' B-but how did they get into the other side ? ' he asked I scrunched my eyebrows together ' what do you mean ? ' I asked back not understanding his question.

Carter stood up clutching onto his rib. ' You can't get into the other side unless you die. Meaning Jack and Jack just died right beside us. What did they do to die ? ' Carter asked. I looked around looking for a sign. I scanned everyone's face to see everyone was just confused as I was. 

Matt's Point Of View

As Cameron scanned everyone's face in the room. A voice cracked behind me making my eyes go wide.

M-Matthew ?