Chapter 11

Emily P.O.V
~Present Day~

"Emily you have to wake up sweetie." My mom wakes me up shaking my shoulder gently. My eyes burned and I was tired from crying all last night. I slowly sit up with the tissues that were soaked from my tears.

"You have to go to school." She says getting up off my bed and bringing me some hot chocolate with marshmallows in it.

"Chance is going to be here all day, so if you want to go home early just call him." She says wrapping her long arms around me, sighing. She smiles at me and then gives me space to get ready.

I put on some black sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I put my hair into a low bun instead of braids I usually put in. I grab my book bag and walk out the door sheepishly.

By the time I got to school everyone was looking at me. I guess news travels fast when your boyfriend breaks up with you of three years. I got to school pretty late. It was already lunch time and I wasn't hungry at all.

I walk into the cafeteria, looking for Megan and Chris. I spot them out and they give me a confused look. I just sit down and don't say anything. They continue to eat there food, not saying anything to me which I was grateful for.

I lay my head on the lunch table and close my eyes. I didn't feel like coming to school today or ever. I missed Justin and his arm wrapped around me at lunch while my friends laugh and tell jokes with us. I start to tear up with my eyes closed. I needed to get through one class and then you can call Chance.

"Where's Justin?" Megan asks finally speaking to me. I lift my head up and roll my eyes at her not answering her question.

"Is that a wedding ring on your finger?" Chris points out making me quickly put my hand under to table. Megan and him smile each other.

"So he asked you to marry him! Oh my gosh this is crazy! Next you guys are going to have a-." I cut them off shaking my head.

"He didn't fucking propose ok! He fucking left!" I yell for the whole cafeteria to hear me. Everyone looks at me with a shocked face especially Megan.

"We're sorry we didn't kno-. Why are there bruises on your arms?" She asks standing up walking over to me. I push her away from my arm and stand up shaking my head.

"Stop, don't touch me right now." I say storming out the cafeteria. I slide down my locker and bang my hand against it. I cry falling to the floor. I pick up my phone and call Chance.

"Chance I tried to do it but I can't. I fucking can't do it." I say into the phone crying hiccuping over and over again.

"Emily I can't do it either."
—/—————————————/———————
Cliffhanger!!
Why do you think Justin picked up the phone?
Sorry for the short chapter
Thank you for reading🙏❤️