Chapter 28

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 28

Dina's POV

            We were inside of James's place and I was still slightly trembling. I wasn't talking much. Only when someone asked me something, mostly Daniel. I was still terrified of the situation I found myself in. And James didn't seem like he's relaxed either. The tension was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. But we acted pretty well, Daniel didn't realize a thing. James started Daniel's favorite movie to entertain him. Daniel was into the movie when I said I have to go to the bathroom.

            I nodded my head discreetly over to James, telling him with my eyes to come after me. I didn't feel well, but no one knew that. And I needed an excuse to talk to James. He got up saying he's going to the kitchen. Daniel just nodded his head, not even looking at James, but Zoya understood what's going on. I went to the bathroom, and waited nervously. A few seconds later James came in too. He closed the door slowly, looking at me.

            Then he approached me, hugged me and after a few seconds he let go of me. He knew we had to talk fast. I wanted to be in his arms, but I also knew I can't. He held my face with his hands and kissed me gently. I felt tingles in my body on the touch of his warm lips. I pulled out of the kiss quickly, lowering my head down, looking at the floor.

            I said: "Please, James, don't do this.". My voice almost cracked. He pulled back slowly one small step, still holding my face.

            "Sorry. I just had to. What's going on, Dina? You're my brother's girlfriend now?", he asked sadly.

            "I'm sorry, I didn't know he's your brother. I really didn't. He said his name is Danny Ross. How was I supposed to know?", I apologized sadly.

            "Oh, Dina...", he said hugging me again.

            He took a deep breath and continued: "I know. You couldn't have known. He has two names, just like me. My full name is James Patrick as you already know, and his full name is Daniel Ross. His nickname is Danny and he uses it all the time, using his second name as his last name. What will we do now?", he asked whispering to my ear. I was barely holding my tears.

            "I don't know. We should keep our act like we've just met. That's for the best. For now.", I said, trying to be calm.

            He started: "But Dina...".

            "No, James, please...", I interrupted him: "There's no but's, please. We have to go out of the bathroom now so that we don't start being suspicious. Our excuses didn't buy us a lot of time.".

            He just looked at me disappointingly. I lowered my gaze to the floor, opening the doors and walking out. I couldn't look at James anymore. It was breaking my heart to see him like that. James stopped in the kitchen, getting the drinks and popcorn. I sat on my old place. Zoya was sitting beside me, holding my hand.

            Then we heard a knock on the door. James went to open them. He went outside of the apartment, closing the door behind him. He came back in a few minutes, alone. After an hour I couldn't take it anymore.

            I got up and said: "Sorry, everyone, I should really go now. I'm not feeling well.".

            I haven't lied, I really wasn't feeling well. I should really go to the doctor for a check-up. James and Zoya jumped up instantly.

            Zoya said quickly: "I'm going with you.". I smiled slightly.

            Daniel got up too, came next to me, hugged me from my side and asked: "What's wrong, Dina?".

            I said: "I just don't feel well.".

            James was looking worriedly at me, but he couldn't say anything since we were acting like we just met. I could see he was bothered because Daniel hugged me. I removed myself from Daniel gently and went to the door. Daniel hugged James again and told him they'll meet each other tomorrow. We went away.

            As soon as I entered my room, alone, I leaned on my closed door and started sobbing, sliding my back down the doors, sitting on the floor. A few moments later Zoya asked me if I'm ok and letting me know that Daniel went away. I opened the door and Zoya came inside. She hugged me instantly. And I cried some more. We talked for a while and then I laid down on my bed and fell asleep crying my eyes out.

In the meantime...

James's POV

            When Dina and I got back to the living room, there was a knock on the door. I went to open them. It was Jake. He wanted to greet me, but I placed my index finger on my mouth, showing him to be quiet. He understood. I got out of the apartment and closed the doors behind me.

            "Hey, man. I saw your captain. He told me you came back. What's going on?", he asked quietly nodding his head towards my apartment, asking me with his look to explain the secrecy.

            "Yea. I came back today. Dina is inside. And Zoya and Danny are too.", I said quietly.

            He looked surprised and said quietly: "What?! I can't believe she got him here...".

            I interrupted him: "Actually, Jake, she didn't. He got her and Zoya to come here.". I could see Jake was confused.

            "He's my brother, Jake.", I said sadly. His eyes and mouth were wide open now. He was shocked.

            Then I continued: "He doesn't know anything. We pretended like we've just met. That's why you can't come in now. We'll see each other tomorrow and talk, ok? Just you and I.". He agreed and we said goodbye.

            Jake went away and I got back inside of my apartment. After a while they went away. What will I do? The girl I love was my brother's girlfriend now. I don't want to hurt my brother. But I can't stop loving Dina, either! She was my girlfriend! And I love her! What should I do?

            Dina didn't look too good when they were here. Maybe I should message her. But what if Daniel is with her? I frowned at that thought. I know he's my brother, but thought of him touching my Dina was... Urgh! I shook my head just to stop thinking about that. I'll message Zoya. It's safer.

            I took my phone and saw I already had a message. It was Dina's. My heart beat faster when I saw her name on the screen.

            I opened the message: "Sorry James. I just saw I had 5 missed calls from you. I wasn't ignoring you. I was taking a long bath.".

            That message was sent a long time ago, even before they came here.

            I messaged Zoya: "Hey Zoya. Please tell me how's my baby?".

            I waited for a few moments, when reply came: "She's ok. She's feeling better. She went to bed. Alone, don't worry. :) ".

            "Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :) :) ", it was my reply.

            This message made me so happy. Daniel wasn't spending the night over there. I could breathe easier now. I couldn't stand the thought of anyone kissing and touching her, especially not my brother. I love her so much. I was tired, but I couldn't get myself to fall asleep. I was thinking about Dina and what will I do. I also remembered I have to visit Jenny tomorrow.