40

Saturday comes around and Jungkook gets into the passenger seat of Jimin's car. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise. You'll see. I know you're gonna love it."

They drive for about 30 minutes. Jungkook is on his phone so Jimin knows that he's distracted enough for him to pull into the museum parking lot without him even noticing.

He parks and Jungkook looks up. "Where the hell are we?"

Jimin points at the sign. "Sangjun said you wanted to come here."

Jungkook's jaw drops. "Oh my god. Oh my god. You have no idea how badly I've wanted to come here!"

Jimin giggles. "I'm glad you're excited."

Jungkook gets out of the car and jogs around the car, opening Jimin's door. He grabs his arm and pulls him out of the car. "Hurry up! I wanna go see the planes!"

Jimin holds Jungkook's hand as he drags him into the building. "Kook, slow down. The planes aren't going anywhere and we have hours before the place closes."

"Sorry. I'm just really excited."

"It's okay. What do you want to see first?"

"Obviously the 1940 Douglas DC-3. It's a really old passenger plane and it was restored perfectly. Oh my god, I wanna see it so badly."

Jimin buys them both tickets and Jungkook pulls him through the museum. They walk into the airplane hanger and Jungkook gasps. "Oh, look at it. It's so pretty."

"How much do you know about this plane?"

"Way too much."

"How many people can it hold?"

"21 passengers and 3 crew members."

"What is it made out of?"

"The exterior is aluminum."

"What kind of engine does it have?"

"Wright Cyclone GR-1820G-202A with 3:2 reduction gearing. It's absolutely beautiful. 1,200 horsepower."

Jimin giggles. "You're right. You know way too much about this plane." They walk up the ramp and look at the interior before moving on to the next plane.

Jungkook immediately begins his spiel. "This is the Waco 125 biplane. It's engine is 125 horsepower, 9-cylinder radial engine. Very small. Very very cute. Okay, next plane. This one I'm the most excited about."

The next one is beautifully painted with "The Spirit of Delta" written on the side.

"This is Boeing 767-232 Ship 102. It helped Delta get through a really bad economic deficit."

"Can I quiz you on it?"

"I know everything, so sure."

"What's the wingspan?"

"156 feet, 1 inch."

"Length?"

"159 feet, 2 inches."

"Height?"

"52 feet."

"How far can it fly with a full tank of gas with every seat filled?"

"2,150 miles."

"How fast can it go?"

"530 miles per hour."

"How many people can it hold?"

"204. 18 in first class, 186 in economy, 2 pilots, and 6 flight attendants."

"Cargo space?"

"2,280 cubic feet."

"What's the maximum weight?"

"300,000 pounds."

"What kind of engine does it have?"

"General Electric CF6-80A."

"What's the fuel capacity?"

"16,700 gallons."

"Okay. How the fuck do you know this much?"

"I've studied planes my entire life. I want to build B-767's when I graduate. This plane is my child."

"Your passion for planes is really endearing. You look like a kid on Christams morning."

"I'm so in love with these planes. Thank you for bringing me here."

-

(Is it time that I mention how I knew all of these stats off the top of my head? Oop-)

-