8

Jimin stands outside of the apartment dreading knocking on the door, but he eventually decided that he's wasted enough time. He knocks very lightly.

Sangjun opens the door this time. "Hi Mr. Park."

Jimin smiles. "Hi Sangjun! Are you ready to work on the alphabet?"

He nods.

Jimin bites the inside of his cheek as they walk to the kitchen table. "Uh... Did you talk to your bother about what we talked about earlier this morning?"

"No."

"Oh, well–"

"I decided it didn't matter because you said you don't like him back."

Jimin pauses but decided to drop it. "Anyways... Let's start talking about the alphabet. How many le–"

"When I asked you all the questions, you never said you don't like boys but you did say you don't like Jungkookie, so what's wrong with Jungkookie?"

Jimin's eye twitches and he can feel his patience running out. "I thought you were supposed to be a quiet kid. What happened to that?"

"I'm not quiet around people that I know well. You still haven't told me why you don't like my Jungkookie. He's a great guy. He works out a lot, he's smart, and he doesn't share secrets."

Jimin closes his eyes. "Sangjun, can we please not talk about this? I'm here to tutor you. I'm not here for you to set me up with your brother."

-

After an hour of studying, Jungkook comes downstairs but this time he isn't shirtless. "Hey Jimin, do you want to stay for dinner again?"

"Sure. What are we having?"

"I'm just going to uber eats some Five Guys if you want."

"Sounds good."

-

Fast forward 30 minutes and all 3 of them are sitting on the couch watching Paw Patrol.

Sangjun eats his burger rather quickly and falls asleep, so Jungkook carries him up to his room. He comes back downstairs and picks up the remote. "What do you want to watch?"

"Anything other than this."

"We can watch Dateline NBC."

"Isn't that the scary murder show?"

"Yeah."

"Ok."

Jungkook switches the channel and sets the remote down. Jimin grabs it and mutes the TV. "I need to tell you something."

"What?"

"Sangjun told me that you think I'm pretty."

Jungkook stares at Jimin with wide eyes. "He what?"

"I mean, I'm flattered and everything, but I'm your brother's teacher. I'm sure it makes him uncomfortable."

Jungkook stands up. "I'm gonna kill him."

Jimin pulls him back down onto the couch. "Please don't kill my student."

"This is so awkward."

"It doesn't have to be. We can forget about it. Once again, I'm flattered and you're handsome too and all that, but I don't want to put any of my students in an uncomfortable situation."

"You think I'm handsome?"

"Can we not dwell on the details?"

"Sure."

Sangjun listens from the hallway with a smile.

-