Chapter twenty-two

I got dressed in a casual outfit, wearing light makeup, and flats.

"What are you getting all dressed up for?" Rydel asked while flipping through a magazine.

"I have a movie date tonight." I smiled blushing a little.

"Ooh, with Ross?" She asked raising her eyebrows up and down.

"No!" I exclaimed, "I have a boyfriend, and his name is Eddie."

"Oh Eddie, that's a hot name." She winked, "I used to know someone named Eddie, but the guy I knew was a total douche, so it's probably not your Eddie."

"Hope not, but thanks for all the meaningful advice." I said sarcastically, when there was a knock at the door, "Oh! That must be him, will you get that?"

"Sure," she hopped off the bed and answered the door, "Hi! I'm Rydel." Rydel smiled, but as she took in Eddies presence her face became much more quizzical.

"Yeah, is Laura here?" He asked nervously, avoiding eye contact with Rydel.

"Hi Eddie." I smiled stepping in front of the door grabbing my bag.

"Hey Laur, you look great." Eddie grinned his cheeks going red.

"Eddie, what did you say your last name was?" Rydel asked as she studied Eddies face.

"Uh, I didn't say," Eddie said quickly, "Um come on Laur, we better hurry or we'll be late."

"Right," I grabbed my bag glancing back at Rydel who stood with a confused expression on her face, "Uh see you later Rydel." I waved.

"Is she okay?" Eddie asked as we walked to his car.

"Yeah, she's kind of jumpy, but she's Ross's sister so I guess it runs in the family." I said.

"I know she's his sister though." Eddie said.

"Really? I didn't know you've met before."

"Well, I mean I just know she's his sister. We've never met before or anything like that. Ross just told me about her and she looks like him. That's all." Eddie said quickly.

"Okay calm down, I guess being friends with Ross makes you jumpy too." I teased.

"Yeah." Eddie breathed out hurriedly.

"Yeah." I smiled, pretending not to notice something was weird with him.

••••••

The movie theater was pretty packed, so Eddie and I had to get seats in a row closer to the front.

"Sorry, I didn't know that the movie was this popular, if I had known I might've-"

"It's okay Eddie, I'm fine with it." I cut him off smiling and taking a seat.

"I'm fine with it too." a familiar smug voice said next to me.

Oh hell no, "Ross?"

"Hey Laur, hey Eddie," he grinned, "oh are you guys on a date? How rude of me." he said sarcastically.

"Oh no dude it's cool." Eddie shrugged.

"Ok, because I'm on a date too." he motioned to Annie who was walking in carrying a tub of popcorn.

"I got the popcorn Rossy." she chirped. That bitch.

"Great babe." Ross smiled and kissed her.

I turned to Eddie and ate some popcorn with him, "Thanks for asking me out tonight, I'm having a lot of fun with you."

"Me too." he smiled leaning in to kiss me with passion.

When he pulled away, his face somehow transformed into Ross, and I had to blink away the image.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I shook my head and turned to the screen as the room went dark.

xx