Chapter four

"So there's this party at my brothers place tonight, wanna come with?" Rydel was currently in a black strapless dress, that was too short at the legs, and she was putting on makeup.

"I don't know, I have some studying to do."

"For what?"

"Next weeks class assignments."

"Next week?! Thats in like a week, just come to the party with us it'll be super fun." Rydel was practically begging. 

"Fine, just one party and I have to be home by midnight." I can't believe I gave in just now.

"Yay! Lets get you something to wear." She started going through her closet.

"Oh, I think I will just wear some of my clothes." It's not that I don't like Rydel's clothes, its just that they are not exactly my style of clothing.

After about 15 minutes of back and forth with Rydel, I finally ended up wearing a dark blue dress that was just below my knees, and she got me to at least put on some eye shadow.

We were finally dressed and ready when there was a knock at the door, I opened it to find Ellington, and the dreaded blond mop of hair named Ross.

"What the hell?" was the first thing that came out of Ross's mouth when he saw me.

"Laura's coming to the party with us, isn't that great?" Rydel must be oblivious to Ross's real demeanor.

"Yeah great." Ross mumbled.

••••••

The party was at a small house with a lot of people, all of which were consuming a liquid in a red cup.

"Wow." is all I could say.

"Well, have fun." before I could even turn around, Rydel and Ellington were gone, leaving me alone with Ross.

"I can't believe you came to this party, you do know that this place is for cool people." he snickered at me while walking forward.

"Well then why are you here?" someone handed me a red cup while I walked.

"Ooh, that hurt." he rolled his eyes and moved to sit with a group on the floor.

"Hey Shor who's the chick?" a boy with black hair spiked in a Mohawk slurred out.

Drunk. Of course.

"That's Laura," Calum ended up answering from the other side of the circle, "hey what's up Laura?"

"Oh uh not much." I smiled and dumped the red cup in the trash.

"Well come sit down with us." Calum invited me down.

I really didn't want to, but hearing Ross groan in protest made me want to sit with them just to defy him.

"Sure." I smiled and sat.

"Let's play some truth or dare." a girl with bright red hair said.

Everyone seemed to grunt in agreement, so I just went along with it.

"Okay, Shor you go first." the redhead smiled.

"Why me?" Ross groaned.

"Because I said so."

"Fine, uh Laura truthor dare?" Ross had an evil grin plastered on his face.

"Uh truth?" It was more of a question than an answer.

Ross smirked, "Are you a virgin?"

"Wh-what?" that was not the question I expected.

"You heard me, are you a virgin? You really need to work on listening better." he smirked mocking me from when we first met. 

"I'm not answering that question."

"But you chose truth." Ross will stop at nothing to make me miserable.

"Well now I don't want truth."

"No take backs."

"When did you make the rules of truth or dare?"

"Okay! Will you two quit flirting, lets just move on to somebody else." the redhead girl interrupted.

"We are not flirting." Ross mumbled and rested back with his red cup in hand.

"Anyways, Annie, truth or dare?" soon enough the game continued.

By the end of the game I learned everyone in the groups names. The redhead was Christy, the black haired Mohawk was Justin, a girl with brown hair was named Annie, and the boy with dirty blond hair was named Eddie. There was also Calum, Ross, and me.

I decided that I liked Christy the best, but that's mostly because I don't think Annie likes me very much. Also, Eddie was being very nice to me, so I also liked him. Plus he was extremely hot. 

After almost two hours, I was getting really bored and almost everyone around me was drunk.

" I'm going to go find Rydel," I stood from the group.

"I'll go with you." Eddie volunteered.

"Oh, uh thanks, but-"

"But, you don't have to because I'm going with her." Ross oddly interrupted me and volunteered.

"What are you doing?"

"Volunteering to help you, duh."

"But Eddie just-"

"What are we waiting for Laura? Lets go find my sister." Ross grabbed my arm and dragged me away.

"What the hell!" I tugged my arm free from his grip.

"What?" he acted so innocent.

"Why did you do that? I could've gone alone, I'm just trying to find Rydel."

"There's no way I was going to let you go around this house alone."

"Eddie was going to go with me, and when did you start caring about what happens to me?" this was getting weird.

"Look I know this house better than Eddie, and its my sister you're looking for. Also there's a lot of drunk assholes here, and it wouldn't be pretty if my sisters roommate got raped at a college party."

"Wow, thanks for caring so much." I still haven't found Rydel anywhere, so I started up the stairs.

"Why do you even need to find Rydel anyway?"

"Because she said we could leave at midnight."

"Why would you want to leave?" he followed me up the stairs.

I opened up at least 4 doors, and found multiple couples making out and doing other unmentionable things, but none of the couples were Rydel and Ellington.

Finally Ross opened up the bathroom door, and inside was a puking Rydel and a halfway drunk Ellington.

"Ratliff, what the hell happened?" Ross asked.

"Rydel had one to many drinks." he giggled.

I groaned and stormed out of the room.

"What's the matter with you?" Ross was suddenly acting really caring. This is weird.

"I just need to get back to the dorms, not that you care." I rolled my eyes and started down the stairs.

"I'll drive you."

"What?" now I was really confused.

"You heard me, you really have to work on that listening problem. Now do you want a ride back or not?" Ross walked ahead of me and grabbed his jacket.

"But you've been drinking."

"No I haven't."

"But I saw you drinking."

"That was water, I don't drink."

"You're being weird."

"Sure, and I'm driving you back to the dorms so come on." The blond boy soon disappeared down the stairs, and into the crowd.

xx