Chapter five

The car ride back to the dorms was incredibly quiet as I stared out the window not wanting to make conversation.

"Why do you need to get back to the dorms so urgently?" Ross just had to say something and ruin it.

"I need to complete next weeks assignments."

"Next week? Why would you be doing things a week early?" He laughed at me.

"I like to be prepared."

He laughed even harder, so I turned back to the windows.

When the car finally stopped at the dorms, I was out in a rush.

"Are you scared of me or something?" he got out of the car and followed me.

Great. Just great.

"No, I can just tell that you don't like me, and I don't like you either so we're on the same page."

"Suit yourself. And you're welcome for the car ride back."

"Thanks." I mumbled, and rushed to my dorm.

This night has been incredibly odd. First Ross was being really mean to me, and then he just starts helping me with everything I want, but the weirdest part was how he just started being really nice to me when Eddie wanted to help me. It's almost like he was jealous, but that's crazy considering he hates me and I hate him. 

••••••

"And then he drove all the way back to the dorms and wasn't being a total asshole." I told Raini all about my night with Ross, and the party.

"Wow, maybe he likes you." Raini seemed as shocked as I was about his behavior.

"Oh please, I hate him and he obviously hates me, it's probably all just an act."

"Yeah.. Wait! Here he comes." she nodded toward door.

I turned around to see Ross walking through the classroom straight toward Raini and me.

"Class, lets get started. I assume you have all completed your assignments that are due." the professor called out. 

"Some people have completed more than others." Ross mumbled sitting down next to me.

"Some haven't completed any at all." I rolled my eyes and took out my assignment.

"That's fair." he smiled a little and took out a pencil.

Okay then..

"Mr. Lynch, where is your assignment?" the professor asked while collecting me and Raini's assignments.

"Well, it's not here." he was not very good with people.

"A zero I presume." the professor walked away.

"A zero up your ass." Ross huffed next to me.

I rolled my eyes, this was going to be a long class. Very long.

After an eternity, class finally ended and I walked out with Raini.

"Oh my god, I'm so tired right now."

"I'm with you, I just want to go back to the dorms and sleep forever." Raini laughed.

"Hey Laura! Wait up!" A voice called.

Raini and I turned to see who the voice belonged to.

Eddie.

"Hey Eddie." I smiled.

"Hey, uh I was just heading off campus to get some lunch, you want to come with?"

"Oh, well that's sounds great but I can't leave Raini." I really want to go to lunch with him, but then theres Raini, and also Ross. 

"It's fine, I'm heading to the dorms right now anyway." Raini shrugged and smiled at me.

"Oh, well then lets go to lunch." I smiled at Eddie.

"Okay!" he took my hand and led me off.

Lunch at Bread Co. was fun with Eddie. He asked me what I was majoring in and I asked him what his major was, we talked about family, and what it was like back at home.

I learned that Eddie was a medical science major, he grew up in Nevada, and has 2 younger brothers and 1 younger sister.

"Wow, you have a fun life." I smiled jokingly.

"Yeah totally." he laughed.

We ate silence for a little bit, but it wasn't awkward silence, it was more of a tired silence but I liked it.

"So are you and Shor dating?" Eddie finally broke the silence.

"Ross?"

He nodded.

"No, we're not dating. We're not even friends. And why do you people all keep calling him Shor?"

"Oh Shor is his middle name. Wait, you guys seriously aren't dating? Because you really act like you are sometimes." 

Ross Shor Lynch. Nice name.

"Well, we aren't dating. Not even close." how could people think we we're dating? We hate each other.

"Well you should probably tell Annie that because she really hates you since she thinks you're dating Shor."

I knew she didn't like me, "Why would she hate me because she thinks I'm dating him?"

"Well Annie and Shor used to sleep together. A lot. And now she kind of has a thing for him."

Why does Ross sleeping with other girls not surprise me at all?

"Wow. And now she thinks I'm dating him, and she totally hates me for that."

"Yeah pretty much." Eddie shrugged.

Great, now there's a rumor spreading about me dating Ross, and I've already made enemies with a girl he used to sleep with. Great.

xx