Chapter twenty-one

"That was a cute little charade you pulled back at the bar Laur." Ross grinned as he shut the door to my room.

"Well I can be very sneaky when I want." I plopped onto my bed and laughed.

"Well I like this sneaky side of you much more, it really turns me on."

"Shut up Ross, Rydel is going to be here in 15 minutes." I tried to hide a smile.

"C'mon, you love it when I talk dirty to you."

"And you love it when I say I hate it."

"Very true." he nodded.

He came and sat down next to me on my bed and I felt a whole lot warmer.

"Ross," I spoke tentatively.

"Dammit Laura quit acting so shy." he spoke quick as he grabbed my waist and pulled me in for a heated kiss.

Our lips moved harshly against each other in perfect sync. Like they were made for each other. Wait...

The kiss started to get even deeper, Ross lay on top of me as his magical hands roamed my body when the worst thing happened.

"No Ell, I just need to grab my jacket." Rydel called as she turned the key in the door.

Ross and I separated immediately and I tossed him a text book and grabbed one my self.

"Hey Laura, I'm about to head out-" Rydel's face over took a confused expression when she saw me and Ross.

"Hey sis." Ross smiled cautiously.

"Didn't you two hate each other like last week?" She looked directly at me.

"Hate is a strong word sis." Ross answered.

"Not talking to you Ross." Rydel said still looking directly at me.

"We kinda made up." I shrugged.

"Oh so now you guys are what 'best buddies'?" She said sarcastically.

"Study buddies." Ross corrected while I stifled a laugh.

"Whatever. But if you hurt her, I will break you, little brother." She grabbed her jacket and walked toward the door.

"We're just studying, what could go wrong?" He called as she slammed the door shut.

I broke out in laughter, "You know she will break you right?"

"Yeah right, I think I can take my sister." He said as he threw the book on the floor and pulled me in for a kiss.

••••••

I heard a knock on the door and stood to open it, while Ross lay casually on my bed with a book in his lap.

"Hey Laur, it's Eddie." I heard from outside.

"Shit!" I whisper yelled motioning for Ross the get in the closet.

"I'm not getting in a closet!" He whispered back.

"Just get in you idiot!" I whispered through gritted teeth, "Just a minute Eddie!" I called out shoving Ross into the closet and shutting the door.

"Come on in!" I exclaimed opening the door wide for Eddie.

"Actually, I'm in kind of a hurry so I'd rather just ask you out here." Eddie said a little nervously.

"Okay, what's up?"

"Well I was thinking that we haven't actually had a real date yet, so I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go see a movie with me? You don't have to say yes though." He stammered out quickly while scratching his neck nervously.

"Aw, Eddie that's so sweet, of course I'd go on a date with you." I smiled.
Just then a loud 'thud' came from the closet.

"What was that?" Eddie asked peering at the closet.

"Oh, a hanger probably just fell down."

"It was pretty loud though." He said suspiciously.

"It doesn't matter, I'll see you tonight for our date right?" I said changing the subject.

"Oh yeah, I can't wait." He said turning around and waving bye as he left.
I shut the door and leaned against it blushing insanely red. Ross opened up the closet and noticed me.

"Why the hell do people have to keep interrupting u- ... what the hell are you all smiley about?" He asked.

"Well in case you didn't over hear, Eddie asked me out on an official date." I blushed.

"Like I care, he's still trying to get in your pants, trust me Laur, I know him better than you do."

"Please, you're obviously jealous, he's still a nice guy, and I am still technically dating him."

"Yeah, why don't you just end it anyway? I mean he isn't even that great." He stood in the doorway.

"I want to keep dating him because he is a great guy and he is actually nice to me, something you happen to lack." I stated.

"Ooh, shots fired Laur," he brushed it off quickly, "have fun on your date."

"Thanks, I will." I said flatly.

"Oh and one more thing..." He grabbed my waist and pulled me in for one last kiss, "Bye Laur." He winked.

xx