Hurt

Taraji's POV

"You can't just expect to have everything be on your time." "I never said I expect it to be on my time just that it should be then life would be easier." "Tell me about it but it is what it is. We can't change that."

"But what if we could." "Then we'd all get the easy way and probably complain that it's not adventurous enough." "No." "Yes. Humans always have to complain about something." "Yeah, I guess."

"Where's Nya." "She left with her freinds I don't remember where she said she was going." "How is she?" "Why do you care?" "I was just asking a question." "She's fine." "She doesn't like me, does she?" "Nope." "Why not?" "You think I know?" "Yes." "I don't. Why don't you just ask her?" "I don't want to start a fight." "She's not like that." I rolled my eyes. "If you say so."

I got up and went to the bathroom then got a water and came back. I looked at the time and sat up. "I need to get going." "Where do you have to be?" "Nowhere." "Exactly. So why do you have to leave?" "To be honest, I'm trying to avoid your girlfriend."

He smirked. "Why do you say it like that?" "Because." "Because why?" "She don't like me so I don't like her." "You don't know that!" "Yes I do!" "Whatever." He rubbed his face then sat up. I got up and went to put on my shoes. "Bye." "See you later."

I left and went to the grocery store then home. I pulled into the driveway and saw there was someone sitting on the porch. I got in the garage then dropped the bags inside and went to the door.

I opened it and saw the back of what looked like Tylers head. "You just gonna sit there?" He stayed silent. "Are you gonna come in?" His head turned but I couldn't see his face then he turned it back.

I sighed and went to sit next to him. I didn't look at him just into the distance. "Why are you back here?" "Why do you think I'm back here?" "I don't know. I wouldn't have asked the question if I did know." "You sure about that?" "No." I chuckled. "Come on. Let's go inside." He got up and grabbed his things. I still didn't look at him.

He sat his stuff down by the wall and sat on the couch with his head in his hands. I stood in front of him.

"What's the matter?" He was silent. "Come on Tyler. Sitting there not answering me, shutting down, it's not the answer and it's not gonna solve anything so just tell me what's wrong." He mumbled something.

"What?" He stood up and got in my face. "They did it! They finally got to their breaking point! They're getting a divorce! Happy now! I said it now please tell me how exactly you're supposed to help me!"

"I- I." "Exactly T. And the worst part about it is that I'm the only one who is upset about it. Everyone else saw this coming and don't care. I just don't know how they could do this to me." "Do what?"

"Leave me like this! They never treated me like they treat the other kids! I've never been good enough for either one of them, ever! Now they just get to leave and I have to pick up the invisible pieces! I've ruined my whole life because of this! All my anger I put towards my girlfriend and I lost her! I lost the one thing that meant everything to me! I wanted to marry her and have a family with her and they ruined it all! I have nothing now and now I know they really never cared! So I'm sorry if I don't answer your fucking questions!"

I was shocked cause he's never yelled or cursed at me like this before but I knew I needed to try and make him feel better not yell at him.

He stood there. I looked at the tears running down his face. He was hurt and it was obvious. I hugged him and let him cry on my shoulder. I pulled away and wiped his tears away. "I'm not gonna tell you it's all gonna be okay cause I don't know that but I can promise you that you're always welcome here and I'll always be here if you need anything. Always." He sat down and I sat next to him rubbing his back.

"You want me to make you two cakes?" "Why two?" "One for your emotional eating and the other for Dom. Like an apology cake and you can give her a letter with it explaining everything." "She doesn't want to hear from me."

"I'm sure she's hurting too and I definitely don't think her decision to break up with you was an easy one to make. She liked you a lot, why else would she have been with you this long?" He smiled. "If you think it's gonna help then I guess." "Wow you really must be hurt." "Why do you say that?" "You've never turned down my cooking." He smiled. "I never did. I'll still take the cake." I shook my head then got up. "Looks like I better get to baking." "Yeah, I guess."

I got up and went to the kitchen to get the ingredients but ended up going to the store with Tyler to get the rest of the stuff I needed for the cakes and some extra stuff for him.

We came back and he was playing around when I was making the cake and it almost burned but I let him decorate it and Reece watched after coming out of his room from the smell of the cake.

He finally finished decorating it and I cut it for him. "You're welcome." "Thanks." "Can I have a piece?" He looked at me then back at Reece. "I guess." "Why you say it like that?" I smiled at him. "No reason." He rolled his eyes and I laughed. "I hate you." "Everyone does." I rolled my eyes and started making dinner.

(Author's Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.