Last Night

Taraji's POV

I walked into the kitchen and filled my water bottle up then grabbed my keys and stepped outside. I started my run and just listened to music. I past the park and looked at the kids that were playing on the playground. I kept running and past a few other runners on the way. I sat down on the bench for a break I listened to that song then got up and ran the rest of the way back home. The playlist ended when I got home. I took my head phones out and looked up. I saw Kio sitting on the porch.

I got my key and walked past him. I opened the door then shut it behind me and locked it. I sighed and leaned my head against the door then put my stuff down and went upstairs to my room to take a shower. I washed my hair then got out and brushed it in a ponytail. I went downstairs and opened the door. He was still sitting out there.

I rolled my eyes and threw my head back and mouthed oh my god. I put my head back up and looked at his back.

"I walked here." "What?" "I walked all the way from the North side to here." "Do you want me to congratulate you? You want a cookie?" His head went down. "I hoped it was gonna show you that I care." "Care about what? Huh, Kio? Cause it's not me." "It is you." I sighed.

"I don't know what you want me to say." I folded my arms over my chest. "I want you to tell me that you care too. That you appreciate it. Something." "Then I'd be lying to you." "You didn't seem to have a problem with it before." "Excuse me." "I meant it as you took my feelings into consideration." "Yeah, I did and you told me the truth." "You didn't want that?" I furrowed my brow. "I never said that." "I was asking you." "I did."

"Then how come you just flipped?" "What do you mean flipped?" He stood up and turned to me. "I mean how come you just ran off and won't answer my calls or texts! You ignore me and never want to be around me! Nothing!" "I think you know why." "I don't, I really don't! You think if I did I would be asking you this!" "Do you forget you're the one who embarrassed me?" "I didn't do anything!" "Yes you did!" "How am I supposed to control what Bryce says?!" "You can control what you say." "What?" I scoffed and walked back into my house.

"Stop Taraji. Listen to me!" "No! Go away! I'm done!" "Well I'm not! Listen to me!" I jumped at him yelling at me. I stopped walking and just stood there with my back to him. I felt him grab my wrist and I tensed up. I could feel how close he was and it made my skin sting.

"Listen." He said it in a quiet tone. "Bryce is a dick. I can't change that. I shouldn't have told them about that." "You think?" He sighed. "I thought it was funny and I didn't think it was that big of a deal." "Well it was that big of a deal. Didn't you see how embarrassed I was when you and Jaden told me what happened?" "Okay but how am I supposed to know that Bryce was gonna say something about it?!" I turned to face him and pulled my wrist from his hand. "You don't and that's why you don't tell them."

"Have you ever thought that maybe it wasn't me who told them? I wasn't the only one there. It could have been Jaden or Debbie." "How would Debbie have told them?" "She was at the mall wasn't she." "Bryce told me you tell them everything we do." "And you believed him?!"

"What do you think I did?" "You've trusted me this whole time and now just because Bryce said something you don't believe me!" "I don't trust Bryce but you did tell them about that night."
"Oh my fucking God!" "Really?" "Yes really. I just don't get you right now." "Like I said before, I don't know what you want me to tell you." I turned my back towards him and started walking off.

"You're just gonna leave. I'm talking to you. Hello. Answer me!" He grabbed my arm and I slapped him. "Don't fucking yell at me and don't ever fucking touch me like that again." He held his face. "Okay. I'm sorry."

I wanted to slap him again. I wanted to keep hitting him till he got to his breaking point. I wanted to beat him down but I wanted it to be a fair fight. At this point anything could happen, he could just say something and I could hit him just cause.