Christmas

Taraji's POV

The 22nd 

I woke up getting ready and grabbing  a granola bar and a pack of fruit snacks cause I was running late already. I got in my car and pushed the button to open the garage door but it seemed like it was going slower than usual. After a few minutes the door was still opening.  

"Come on you piece of shit." It stopped halfway open. "You got to be fucking kidding me." I pushed the button and it closed. I turned my car off getting out of the car and going back into the house. I called Carl. 

"I know it's early and you probably have stuff to do but I need to get to the airport before my flight leaves and I don't have a lot of time and my garage door isn't working so can you drive me over there I'll give you gas money I just need to hurry up and get there."

                                                "I'm coming."

I hung up and grabbed my bags going outside locking the door behind me. Carl was walking towards me when I turned around. He grabbed my bags and put them in the trunk then got in the car. "You coming." I ran to get in on the other side and he pulled off as soon as my door closed. 

"Where are you going?" "To Virginia to see my cousins." "Oh." "You think I could come?" "I don't have a second plane ticket." "Bummer. I need to get away from my family." "What happened?" "A lot but it's whatever." "Didn't they buy you a plane ticket to come out there at the end of the summer." "I can't find it, believe me I would have used it if I had it."

He ran his fingers through his hair and scratched the back of his neck. We stopped at a red light. "What time did you go to bed last night." "Late. I haven't been getting much sleep lately." "What's keeping you up." He hesitated before saying something. "Nothing honestly, It's like any other night with the street noise but I just haven't been able to go to sleep." 

He stopped but looked like he was gonna say something else. "What?" He shook his head. "It's nothing, Plus I think it's better for me to keep it to myself." "Just tell me." "No." "Yes." "No, okay! Just leave it alone." "No, Carl tell me." "Why do you even care?!" 

"Cause you're my friend and when you tell me that you haven't been getting sleep I want to know why and make sure you're okay. You're important to me whether you like it or not. So tell me." He was quiet for a minute. "Can I just tell you when I'm ready?" "Fine." 

I looked at the time and saw I had a missed call from my mom and called her back. She didn't answer and I looked at the text. 

M: WHERE ARE YOU OUR FLIGHT LEAVES IN 45 MINUTES GET HERE AND FAST.

I looked at the time and saw that she sent it only a few seconds ago and realized the car was still stopped. "Come the fuck on." He looked at me and smiled. I rubbed my forehead. "It just isn't my fucking day at all." "We're gonna make it." He put his hand on my thigh rubbing it then put it back on the wheel. "I really fucking hope so." 

I looked in the arm rest then in the glove box and found the plane ticket. "I knew it had to be in here somewhere." "What? What is it?" I held it up and he looked at it then looked back at the road. "It's the plane ticket." "You've got to be fucking kidding me. How'd you know it was in the car." 

"Remember we took this car back from the place when they gave us the plane tickets. I had put mine in my bag and you didn't have yours when I got out of the car so it had to be somewhere in here. I hope you have clothes in this car cause it looks like you're going to Virginia." "Is it bad that I packed a bag." I laughed. 

We got to the airport and boarded the plane after going through everything and meeting up with my mom. We got on the plane and Carl and I sat by each other and watched a movie and talked when it was over. 

"You remember the last time we were on a plane together." "You mean when I was being an ass. Yeah I remember that. Why do you want me to remember that?" "It's not that I want you to remember it, it was supposed to be funny I guess."

"Hahaha, so funny." "You don't have to be a jerk about it." "I'm sorry." "Forget it." He grabbed my arm. I looked at him. "I'm sorry." "It's okay." I leaned my head against his shoulder and he set his hand on my thigh. I put my hand on top of it and moved it. He pulled it away and I opened my eyes. He wouldn't look at me. I grabbed it back and laced my fingers through his and sat it on his lap, putting my head back on his shoulder and closing my eyes. "I was just moving it." 

We got there and stayed at Dwayne and Shay's. 

Christmas Eve  

We have been here for three days and most of the time Dwayne and Shay have been fighting. I haven't said anything but I can see it in the kids faces, even as much as they try not to be fazed by it, they're sad. 

I've tried to cheer them up and do things with them and take them out but nothing is really helping. Today is Christmas eve and we are sitting around chilling.

I took a deep breath in. "What are we gonna do?" "I don't know." Tyler said. "Well, what do you want to do?"

He scoffed. "Get the fuck away from here," He whispered under his breath with the least amount of effort of trying to make it unheard.

"You know what, Tyler?" "No, what?" "Fuck it, I'm done."

I got up and stormed off. I got to the room and slammed the door. I plopped down on the bed and rubbed my head.

There was a knock on the door. "Go away. I don't want to talk right now." The door opened and I looked up. "I said fucking go the away!"

It was Carl. "No. I'm not going anywhere." He walked up to me after closing the door.

"I don't want to talk." "Then don't. Nobody is making you." I looked at him. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired of his bullshit." "I know but he's in a tough spot right now. They all are." "I know. I'm sorry."

I looked at him and gave him a hug. I pulled away and he leaned in then stopped. "I'm sorry." "It's okay. I kinda want you to." He grabbed my hands. "I want to so bad but you have a boyfriend and I'm gonna respect those boundaries." He got up.

"I'm gonna go try and find Tyler, cause he stormed off." I got up and nodded. He reached for the door knob. I grabbed his wrist. "Thank you, Carl." He nodded then left.

I just stayed in the room and took a nap cause I started not to feel good.

Christmas Morning

I woke up to being shook by someone. I got up and saw London. "Merry Christmas." I smiled at her. "Merry Christmas." I looked down at Carl's arm. "We'll be there in a minute." She nodded and left.

I turned around and looked at him. His pink plump lips were parted slightly and low snores were coming out of his mouth. There was a piece of hair in his face. I moved it and held his face in my hands. I kissed his forehead and his eyes fluttered open. He smiled at me and I smiled back, looking into his green eyes. "Merry Christmas." "Merry Christmas."

We got up and went to the living room with the rest of them and opened the gifts.

Later

We gathered around the table and my Uncle gave a quick prayer and we ate and talked after and in those moments it felt like there family was back to how it used to be.

27th

"You guys got everything right." "Yeah." "Okay, have a safe flight back and thank you for coming out it ment a lot." "No problem, thank you for having us." She hugged Carl. "Thank you for letting me come." "Always. You're always welcome to come whenever, believe me we aren't doing anything plus the kids enjoy the company." "Thank you."

"Take care okay." "You too." We left getting onto the plane.

(Authors Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.