Not a Good Day

Taraji's POV

I got up in a hurry noticing my timer didn't go off. I ran to the bathroom and brushed my teeth then washed my face. I put my hair in an extremely messy bun and put my glasses on. I grabbed a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. I put on socks and slipped on my shoes.

I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. As I turned the corner I smacked into someone. I was falling but before I felt the ground I felt big hands wrapping around my waist, trying to catch me. It didn't really work but the fall didn't hurt as much as it was going to.

I looked up and saw Carl. "You good?" I got up off the floor and picked up my water bottle. "Yeah. What are you doing here?" I walked past him into the living room. "I thought maybe we could talk about.. you know.. what happened last week when you got back." I grabbed my book bag and stopped when I heard him finish the sentence. I thought about turning around but didn't and kept getting my bag ready.

"Hello, Taraji." "No, I know its just right now just isn't the right time. I'm in a rush cause I woke up late and to be honest I haven't really been thinking about any of this or what happened. I know I told you we would talk about it but I still need time, okay." His face fell and his eyes darkened. "Yeah, it's whatever. I'm sorry I bothered you with it." I grabbed his hands and rubbed the top of both of them with my thumbs. "No, you weren't bothering me. I get that you want to talk about it, just- just give me some time."

I pulled my phone out and looked at the time then quickly tried to remember everything I had to do today. "Come back around nine." "At night?" "Yeah, that's the only time I can think of that we can try and figure out a time to talk about this." "Okay, fine." I smiled at him and let go of his hands. "I got to go now, but you can stay if you want. Get something to eat or something. Just let yourself out." I sped past him knowing I already waisted valuable time.

I got in my car and sped off to the campus. I put some more deodorant and perfume on and speed walked to my class. I sat down in the seat next to Chantel.

I got my stuff out and she looked at me. "Not a good day?" I shook my head. "Not a good day at all." She rubbed my back. "It'll get better." "Probably not." "Don't say that." "It's true. I have classes all day and work in between and after then I have to go home and I haven't even ate breakfast and I won't eat till like three. I have to go pick up a part for my car which killed my bank account. I have one million and one family problems and it feels like everyone is leaning on me to fix it, I haven't taken a shower since yesterday morning and I'm not getting any help with the bills and the house isn't even in my name. I just need a fucking break."

"I'm sorry." "It's fine." "If it makes you feel any better, I got shitted on this morning." "By who?" "Shanelle." "Isn't she like five." "Yeah. She wasn't feeling good, she felt really bad after it happened and of course I didn't want to be a dick about it but no one likes to be pooped on. She handled it like a boss though. She went to start the shower after cleaning up." She shook her head. "She's not gonna need me when she gets older, I already know it." "Kids always are gonna need their parents no matter how old they are." "I hope so."

We sat through the rest of the lecture and I dashed out heading straight to work.

Last hour of work

I came to the back and put my head against the wall. My phone vibrated and I took it out looking at it.

Kio: hey, what do you say I come pick you up around eight and we have a little fun if you don't mind being bend over a dumpster or in a bathroom. 😏😉

                                                      Me: very straight forward

Kio: what is there to be subtle about

                                            Me: you could not announce that you just want to fuck me

Kio: well thats what I want to do but ill remember for next time

                                                 Me: what if there isn't a next time

"Get off the phone! We got orders ready for tables that should have been out thirty- seven seconds ago! Quit lolly gaging, let's go!" I put my phone back not checking what he said and grabbed the food. I served the tables and got there refills then went back. "I'm taking my break." "You only have like thirty minutes left." "And I didn't get a break earlier cause I had to pick up work for the girls that weren't here." "Come on." "Fine." I grabbed my phone and looked at the text or texts.

Kio: I doubt that there wouldn't be

Kio: hello

Kio: I'm sorry

                                        Me: I'm not mad I'm just at work and my boss is being a bitch and not letting me take a break but I get off in like 20 minutes.

Kio: oh, for a second I thought you blocked me

                                            Me: lol, ill text you back in a few

Kio: okay, will you have an answer for me by then

                                           Me: ill call you and we'll talk about it

Kio: okay

I put my phone down and finished off my shift then went home. I stepped into the door and put my stuff down.

"I'm home." I walked to the guest room and saw he wasn't in there. I checked the bathroom downstairs then went upstairs and looked around. "Reece!"

I ran downstairs dialing his number on my phone. I pulled the book and tapped my foot as it slowly opened. "Reece." I ran down the steps and pushed the wall in.

I walked around opening the doors and continuously called his phone. I opened the door to the bedroom and he was crouched over something.

"There you are." I sighed in relief. He looked over his shoulder. "Can you wait outside." "Why?" "I need to.. handle this." He kind of looked down and I raised my eyebrows. "Are you jerking off?" "Well, yeah before you came down here and kinda interrupted things." "Why'd you do it down here and in the most random room." "Why are you interrogating me? Can you just get out so I can finish?" "You're still hard?" "Just get out." I shut the door and went upstairs.

I went up to my room and got in the shower. I got out feeling so clean and happy that I finally got to take a shower. I looked at the time and saw it was seven. I brushed my hair and called Kio while getting dressed.

"Hello."

                                              "Hey, I've been thinking and I'm kinda tired and exhausted, I had classes all day and work."

"Is this your way of trying to tell me no?"

I could see him smiling on the other end.

"What if it is?"

                                             "I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Then you really don't give me a choice."

                                                   "I'll see you in an hour."

(Author's Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.