Nerds, Recall, and a Dangerous Fellow

Taraji's POV

"Okay, I assume you all have read the book This Side of Paradise, right? What did you think about it?"

A few people raised there hands as I spaced out coloring in the square in my notebook and doodling.

"Okay, that's all the time we have for today. I'll collect those essays you should have written."

There was a bunch of commotion that pulled me out of my trance. People where gathering there things, turning in there papers, talking about what they're doing for Valentine's day.

I sat there thinking about how it's only a day away and how I'm gonna be spending it alone.

I got up finally putting my stuff in my bag and going down to give the professor my paper. Only now noticing that I am the last person out.

"You okay?" He furrowed his brow. I nodded. "Yeah just a little tired but that's nothing new." "I hear ya." "Have a nice day." "You too."

I walked out of the classroom checking my phone. I looked up to see Joey holding flowers and a sign that said will you be my Valentine's.

I blinked again just to make sure it was real. "Suprise." "What are you doing here?" "I did my assignments early so I could come and see you." "I hugged him after taking the flowers." "Will you be my Valentine's?" "Yes."

I kissed him and we walked to my car. "Do you have anymore classes today?" "No that was my last one but I have to go to work in a few minutes." "How long?"

"I got four more hours and Debbie asked me to babysit tonight." "Wow, you're busy." "I know." "I was hoping to spend some time together." "Well, you weren't supposed to be coming for a whole nother month so." "I guess."

He sighed. I looked at him. "Are you hungry?" "Yeah, are you?" "Yeah I skipped lunch cause I took a power nap while at work and was rushing to my class so I wouldn't be late and haven't ate since." "I didn't eat anything either except for a granola bar and a banana this morning before my flight." "What do you want?" "I don't know, what do you want?" "Subway."

We went to subway and ate in the car then we went back to my house and I dropped him off at the house and changed into my uniform going to work kissing him goodbye.

I closed my locker after looking in the mirror. I put my hair up in a ponytail and grabbed my pen and notepad walking out to start.

"Hi, I'll be your waitress this afternoon, can I start you guys off with something to drink." I flashed them a smile as I waited to write down their drinks after passing out the menu's.

(Guys above. I explain what they look like but so I don't have to type it out continuously I'm giving them nicknames so the the first lemonade is green shirt, the second lemonade is hat, the first water is harry, the second water is talky, the Sprite is glasses, and the root beer is spikes so if you don't know who I'm talking about this is for that.)

"Um.. lemonade." The one with the green shirt said. "Same." The one with the hat said. "Water." The long haired one said. "I'll have water also." The one with the straight blonde hair added in after speaking. "Sprite" the one in the glasses said "Root beer."

The one with spikey hair and blue eyes said. "Did you guys want appetizers?" They all exchanged looks. "Uh sure." Green shirt finally responded. I got there orders then left hanging it up with the other orders.

I came back with there drinks then went back for there food. "You guys having a party or something?" They looked at me and talky started speaking. "You wouldn't understand." He turned back to them continuing the conversation that I had interrupted.