The Date (As Friends)

Taraji's POV

I got to my room and went straight to my bathroom. I got in the shower and washed my hair then my body and got out. I brushed my teeth and washed my face then went to my vanity.

I put my hair up and started lotioning my body. My music stopped and I grabbed my phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello."

The called ended and I looked up and grabbed my phone. I went to the recent calls and saw that it was Joey. I furrowed my brow then put my phone back down after starting the music again.

I finished lotioning and started doing my makeup then my hair and got dressed. I put on my underwear and bra then finished getting dressed and got my bag together then sprayed on some perfume and called Carl.

(Her makeup)

(Her makeup)

"Hey."

                                                            "Hey."

"When are we going where ever we are supposed to be going?"

                                                "Soon, why?"

"I'm ready just wanted to know just in case I had to go somewhere or something I know how much time I have."

                                                              "Oh."

"Yeah."

                                              "Um.. like half an hour maybe like forty-five minutes."

"Okay, see you then."

                                                             "Bye."

I hung up and went downstairs and picked up atound the house a little then just sat down and watched t.v. till he got here.

I opened the door and he stood there smiling at me.

"Wow, you look really pretty." "Thanks." "You ready to go?" "Yeah, just give me a second." I went back and got my purse and sprayed some more perfume on me then went to tell Reece again and came back and he walked me to the car and we got in.

"So, are you gonna tell me where we're going?" "Nope." "Why not?" "It wouldn't be a surprise." "Who said it had to be a surprise?" "I mean, why not?"

"If you say so." We smiled to ourselves for a few minutes before he started to speak again.

"You know, I wasn't gonna say anything but I'm kinda mad cause this was supposed to happen like two weeks ago." "I'm sorry." "It's okay." He was still smiling.

We finally parked and got out. I looked at him. "An hour for this." "You haven't even seen the inside." "It's a sport center for family." "You like kids and sports." "Not really." "Just give it a try." I rolled my eyes. "Please." "Fine."

We went in and he led me to the go karts. "Go karts." "You've never tried it so don't talk about it." "I wasn't gonna say anything." "Yeah, I don't believe that at all." "I-" "Just get in the kart and get ready to lose." I got in. "Is that a challenge?" "Maybe." "What does the winner get?" "I get a second date as friends of course." "What if that's what I wanted?" "Then it wouldn't be a bet cause I'd go no matter what?"

"Carl Gallagher losing on purpose, never." "I just might, especially if it means I get to hangout with you again." "Are you flirting?" "I'm just saying, I'll take that over winning any day." "Stop flirting and let's see who wins." "You never said what you get if you win." "Twenty dollars." "Why are you always betting money?" "Cause I'm broke." "And you think I got money." "Well, you tell me." I held my arms open, letting him know I was talking about this and how it doesn't look cheap. "Yeah, whatever."

We got in the cars and started racing. I was kinda scared of how fast the car was going. I crossed the finish line and cheered as he came behind me. "Guess who gets twenty dollars." "Yeah, whatever." "But it's not." "I let you win." "You wanna go again?"

He looked at the track then back at me. "Nah." "Please. We don't have to go for a bet or anything just for fun now." He looked at it again then to me then back at it then back to me. "Fine." We went back on and raced a few more times before we got off. I lost count of how many times we raced but I won most of them and he won the last one.

"Look who is the winner now." "You won one." "It was the last one." "And, what does it change? Nothing, I'm the champion." "Wow, someone's a little angry that they didn't win the last one." "I'm not angry but it was the last one so it doesn't mean anything." "The last one is the final round to see who takes it all." "But I won most of them and the bet." "Whatever."

I held my hand out and he looked at it then back at me. "What?" "My twenty dollars." "Like right now." "Why not?" "We are on a date right now." "As friends though so.. my money please." "Be patient. You'll get your money."

He grabbed my hand which took me by surprise and we walked around till we got to the batting cages. I was a little scared. "Come on." "I haven't hit a baseball since like highschool and I only played one year of softball and I wasn't even that good." "What's with this negative, turning everything down vibe. I don't like it." "Who said you had to?" He rolled his eyes and grabbed me. "Just stop and try it."

I got a helmet and bat then stood inside while Carl stood outside watching me. I swung at the first ball and missed and of course he just had to put his two cents in.

"Is that really the best you can do, I've seen you beat your face better than this." "Hey, Carl." "Yeah." "Fuck off." He laughed and the next ball came and I hit it. I kept going for a while thenet him go and he hit almost every ball.

The sun was starting to set so we went to the go karts one last time then left and went to a restaurant to eat then we drove back home.

He pulled up to my house and we sat there for a fat minute in silence. "I had fun today, thank you for this." "Yeah." It was silent again and I reached for the handle. "Hey." "Yeah." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I know I didn't win the bet but you think you'd be down to go out on another date as friends of course." "Yeah, I'd be down." "Okay." He got out and opened my door then walked me up to the door. I hugged him then we said our goodnight and I went into the house.

I went to my room and took a shower then layed down in my bed watching t.v. and thinking about the date as friends until I fell asleep.

(Author's Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.