Chapter 40: Beginning of An End

I wouldn't make it without you GUYS. Thank you so much!

This is it!

Here's Chapter 40.

For the last time, ENJOY!

Ryann’s Perspective

It’s been weeks since the vacation.

I kicked hard on the ground and glided with my skateboard on my way home. Alone, of course.

Mom and dad’s flight back here in Chicago was moved to another month, which is better because that month is my birthday. I could then spend my birthday with them rather than alone.

My days were back to the way they used to be before all those pointless dramas and all those series of emotional events.

I, Ryann Jean, am back to being ignored but at least not bullied anymore; and that is thanks to Karla, Eddie and... Blaize.

My schoolmates- especially Cynthia - treats me as a has-been; she now have her eyes on a new girl who seem to gain attention more than she did when she first entered Levi High. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a world record.

These past few days, Blaize- who I thought has had the impression that I’ve gone unbalanced in the head – stayed with me longer than necessary. He even insisted on giving me a ride home every day, which surprised me and Karla. And who was I to decline?

And last week...

“Congratulations! I heard you got in.” Blaize smiled when he said this as he drives me home. He’s really a sweet friend.

For days now, I am focusing on my future and went to New York to take an entrance exam in Auttenberg University. Karla told me I should try for Harvard which I did but Auttenberg is just my childhood dream.

“Yeah. I passed Harvard too.” I bragged proudly. The happiness I feel whenever I’m with Blaize just seems to spring out of me because he just emanates such bright aura, and I can’t help but kind of reflect to that. And also, like by nature, he makes me temporarily forget the past somehow.

“That’s way too great. Why don’t you go to Harv’s instead?” He furrowed his brows at me. “From what I heard of, Auttenberg was never a good univer-”

“Hey! Don’t you dare insult my dream school!” I warn him while getting out of his car. It’s good to have a little laugh before going back to my empty house.

He too got out of his car and walked me up to the front porch.

He smiled again.

Before I could stop myself, I asked, “How come your smile never reached your eyes?” My eyes instantly dilated and I swallowed my insensitivity away as I watch Blaize morph the surprise in his face into another one of his none-eye-touching smiles.

“That’s because” He now have a faraway look in his eyes before turning to stare at me. “I’m happy. But only just.”

Blaize is indeed a deep person. I know he tells me the truth but he never tells it all.

I look away and stared at our dying garden instead. No one is to take care of them because I have no one else with me.

I have to admit that I miss Dan. So bad.

When I look back at Blaize, he was staring at me. I might be the first to see through him and it scared me a little, because I don’t want him to think I’m such a meddlesome.

He chuckled and it made me look up at him again. “What?”

“You remind me of my best friend.” He stated flatly. There was no emotion when he mentioned the words ‘best’ and ‘friend’. Or was I just depriving myself of ever believing on those two words again that’s why I feel no emotion from it?