Chapter 31: True Purpose

Ryann's Perspective

"Hi! It's Ryann, right? Can we talk?" Saschia, with a kind smile, asked me and made her way inside our room even without my permission.

"Uhm.. Please take a sit." I offered her the couch and she willingly inclined.

Somehow, I feel her presence and my presence is not very pleased to be with each other. My stomach keeps on churning and churning. But what could Saschia be here for? To talk to me about?

The dreamlike quality of the evening and the good ambiance of the suite is so good to the eyes. Much better with her in the middle of the room. Saschia was the centerpiece.

Has she been this good-looking since childhood? What was she like back then? When she and Aiden were together?

"but I hear the receptionists said that she only came to America to follow her past love"

Karla's words replayed in my head. Could it be? Was she the one they were talking about in their unconstrained conversation? Really, what is she doing here? Is she here to tell me to leave Aiden alone? To be of no connection with him? What is her purpose?

Then like she reads minds as well as mine, Saschia said, "Ryann, I'm here to talk about Aiden."

Ba-dump. My heart, there it is again. So it is her.

Why am I even on a panic? What is it to me if she drives me away? Away from Aiden.

"We're not t-together. You could go ask him. I think he'd like it if you talk to him."

"Wh-"

"Don't worry! We are not involved with each other like you might think."

"What I'm-"

"When you saw us together in Chicago, that was just a little stroll. You don't have to-"

She raised her hand with her palm facing me.

"Thank you. I would be glad if you would listen first before jumping to a conclusion that I'm wasting my time here chasing after Aiden." She heaves a deep breath before continuing."What I'm trying to say is that the only reason I came to you is to clear some things."

"Oh." That was totally embarassing.

"The hotel owner is a friend of my father.This is just a coincidence that I'm here, and now I know for a fact that the world is really small. I always come across Aiden at random times. And that's why people think I follow him wherever he goes. We're good friends even after all that I've done. I'm a career woman, and love is not my priority. But to tell you the truth, I loved Aiden. The relationship we had was true. I really cared for him, but I was selfish. And in love, you should never be selfish."

All I did was stare at her. How could she say all of it like she's just talking about an insignificant topic? Why is she even telling me all this? I feel like my head will burst.

"Aiden's past does not define him, and that's because of you. Your innocent heart is such a cure for anyone. Too innocent that you can't even tell how others feel for you. It's not an ignorance."

My heart is innocent? My innocense? What?

"I-I never thought that I will hear words like that coming from someone like you. I guess I should thank you."

"No." She shakes her head and added, "I should be the one to thank you. Everyday, I blame myself with Aiden's dejectedness. But when I saw you together, I can tell by his eyes that something changed. You don't know what you can do, but I thank you, Ryann." With those words, she smiled at me. A real smile that never have I seen in her pictures in the magazines or billboards.

She stood up and hugged me. There's this comfort that's filling me in. I embrace her even though it seems awkward to me. I've never been hugged by someone I've just met, and never have I hugged anyone randomly because I feel like doing so.

"Why are you still here anyway?" She says as she pulls away.

"Should I be somewhere right now?" I asked clueless of why she is surprise to see me in my hotel room.

"It's the visitors' First day!" She step back and look me up and down. "Where's your closet?"

"There?" I pointed to the wall dresser beside my bed. I followed her inside my room where she heads. 

And then I remembered the event Karla was talking about, that's why Saschia was all dressed up. But believe me, even without making an effort, she could still attend a formal event even with a trashbag as her clothes.

She then rummages inside my closet. "My friend, she's a fashion freak and she prepared these dresses for me." I suggested to Saschia, who I only realized was looking for something I could wear.

Since she almost spilt all the contents of my cabinet, I could tell she can't find anything good.

"That won't suit your skintone. You're too pale, and I don't want to hide your face with too much make-up just to redeem your pretty face for the sake of this dress' color." She says referring to the red dress. Then she picks up the pink one, laced with white on the hems. "You'll look like a rose with this dress, but the hem makes it look cheap." She lets it fall out of her clasp. On to the last one.

I hope, and almost prayed that it would suit me. It's color is black, and I once wear a black dress the last time I attended the school party.

I can't even tell what is the difference of what suits someone, what color is right for her skin or what must be worn or what not. Saschia's got good eyes for these things because of her world. My mom told me that I will handle one of our clothing line shops but I don't think I will be capable of doing so.

"No. You'll look like attending a Halloween party with this." My shoulders slump as she said it. "You should look bright and-" She stopped talking and stared at something fascinating. I say she is fantasized for her eyes were so bright. I followed her gaze which fallen to the blue box on top of my suitcase.

It was Aiden's gift.

"You didn't tell me you've got good taste." She said while she held the box, gently tearing the seems and took off the lead.

"Good taste?" I asked almost inaudibly.

There inside sat a light blue cocktail dress. I knew it is a dress once I laid eyes on it, even without unravelling it.

"Wear this."

END

Hi guys! I made it short because this is only a filler chapter. I need to make this part so that you guys won't think that Saschia is just a character who I added for Aiden's past.

Yes. Saschia's surname is Armenia, and she is indeed who the receptionists are gossiping about.

My plan for the next chapter?

*a little about Karla

*and a lot about Ryann and Aiden

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FAN. :3