Chapter 39: No More Chance

Another update. Yay!

Play Over You by Miranda Lambert on the media corner.

Enjoy reading!

~

Aiden’s Perspective

If letting her go is her happiness; then I shall do so.

“It’s just... a lie.”

After that, everything went slow motion.

“To hell with you Aiden!” Karla shouted at me.

“Stop it Karla.” Eddie refrained her from attacking me, carrying her by the waist and pulled her outside. “Let me at him!” She yelled.

Ryann just looked at me. Her face was blank, and as she stared, her eyes were brimming with tears.

I was the first to look away. I don’t want to see her give me that look again. “Come on Ryann.” Saschia glared at me and ushered Ryann to her room.

“Thanks for acting like you really like me.” Ryann said bitterly.

I turn to leave but Danica blocked my way. “Aiden.” Her tear-stained face looked very sad.

“Let me go.” I said in deep voice and side step her.

~

Ryann’s Perspective

I feel so stupid.

Karla, Eddie and I left Nicaragua first thing in the morning. Saschia sent me a text message telling me she already left before us; and that we should keep in touch.

We were all silent. It’s better that way, at least I don’t have to put on another show and pretend that I’m okay because I really am not.

I didn’t see Aiden since the night before whilst Danica showed up in the airport but I wasn’t ready to talk to her. Maybe that’s why she decided to stay with Aiden.

What do I feel right now? I feel weird. I don’t want to eat and I can’t sleep. Even the vast library of Nicaragua’s airport wasn’t as inviting as it should be if I was not like this.

If only extremely unpleasant feelings were never unpleasant at all, I’d be the happiest person on Earth. But of course that’s unfortunately not the case.

“Hey, mom! I’m fine. I-it’s just that-” I can’t suppress the sob any longer. “Mom, I want to see you.”

“Are you alright, darling? What happened?” She sounded grief-stricken.

As I lay on my bed, I called mom. I don’t know who else to talk to. It’s been hours since I arrived home. I got nothing else to do as it was a Sunday, and so I ended up being reminded of what happened last night.

After five minutes, I finished telling her what happened.

“I knew it would happen.”She said with a click of the tongue.

“You knew they’re lying?” I asked disbelievingly as I sniff. Ugh! Crying gives me a headache! “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Don’t raise your voice, sweetheart. Of course, I didn’t know. What I knew is that he’ll end up liking you.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “You’re not paying attention mom! It. Was. Just. A. Lie.” I gave emphasis to every word and hear her sigh from the other end. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay, dear. Are you sure it was a lie?” She asked with doubt.

“Of course, I’m certain. He’d told me.” Although these are my words, I can’t help but remember how his eyes look as he said that him liking me was only a lie.