Chapter 26: All Messed Up

Aiden's Perspective

Yesterday...

"It's been a while huh?" Blaize nudged my elbow as he sat next to me, talking ever so casually.

Rolling my eyes, I took a gulp from my bottle of water and gave no reply.

"Aunt Mia said it'd take a year for you to fully recover from your operation. But it's only been, what? Like less than half a year, right?" He continued talking as if my silence -which literally means piss-off- wasn't enough to dismiss him.

"What are you up to?" I stated with disdain, looking at him straight in the eyes.

Blaize has a complex personality. It's impossible for just someone to read him, even if they get to become close friends.

We used to be close friends. Until Ryann came in the picture. I don't blame her, it was all on me.

Blaize and I grew up together. His grandfather was our family doctor.

Back in the day, I didn't know that he liked Ryann. That was before he started making some girls at school intimidate and humiliate her. Cynthia's one of them. He told me his plan of Ryann being ridiculed and then out of the blue, like a damsel in distress, she would be saved by him.

All I said was, "You seemed too desperate just to catch a girl's attention".

"Why the question Aiden?" Blaize asked in total confusion, taking me out of my musing.

"Cut the fucking crap Shaw! I know you too well. Why come back when you already have a good life in Europe?" Not noticing my rage and that I actually was on my feet. Only did I realize this when he rises to match my height.

Infuriation taking over me. Why am I fuming so bad? I don't know where this anger came from? And then an image of Ryann being carried by this guy in front of me popped in my head.

What the-! No. Am I losing it?

You're jealous... I shook the thought away and tried to calm myself.

"Are we cool now? Sheez. You must control your temper. And stop calling me Shaw. It's quite annoying, just so you know." Blaize said, seeing my less enraged facade.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my insides still itching for a reason why he came back.

"I know what you're thinking Aiden." He muttered knowingly like he read my mind. He walked towards the hedges and picked a leaf as if thinking hard on whether he would tell me the truth or lie to me.

"I got over her."

He chose, 'lie to me', I guess. I thought sarcastically.

"Ryann is something. She will always be.." He says dreamily.

Yep, Blaize can always express what he wants but can hide his true emotions at the very same moment too. 

"What do you want Blaize? If you're not here for her, then you must be here for a reason?" I insisted. This is so irritating. I ask him one question which he anwers somehow but then leaves me puzzled with another question even after he gives me his answer.

"I'm not here for any reason at all. And thank you for calling me by my first name." Those eyes and his fake smile, they were the same as to when he told me his little mischief for Ryann, that's why I can't help but be cautious of him.

In history, Blaize would never act on something out of whim. There's always an agenda behind it.

"Oh yeah? Then explain why you wanted to talk to her alone when we're at Lincoln Park? Why did you carry her at the football field when she got hurt?" I challenged him, annoyed at how long we've been talking but nothing's been established.