Chapter 18: I'm Guilty

Ryann's Perspective

There are a lot of reasons why people read. It can be that one is eager to learn and acquire knowledge, or just to kill time while enjoying a good book over a cup of whatever they wish to drink.

That reminds me! I have a question.

Have you ever had one of those days? When you just want to enter the wrought iron gates to Hogwarts. Or just fly out of your window alongside a much gorgeous and tidy Peter Pan and go to a Neverland without Captain Hook. I do! Frankly speaking, it happens every minute of everyday.

It's far from day dreaming, because I'm pretty much aware of my surroundings. And unlike those who drool while they absentmindedly dream a wishful thinking, I read on the otherhand.

As odd as it may seem, that is my own reason why I read. A lot. For my mind to slip away from the harsh reality.

In my defense, I don't have problems concerning my family or anything that could make one call reality harsh. I am as normal as any other girl is. I may have trust issues with the case of you-know-who, but it's not him why I have this point of view in life. Not the one in Harry Potter and I know for a fact that you're all perfectly well aware of who I'm talking about.

Weird? I get that a lot. Hence, plunging myself to fiction-and-fantasy-based stories - just too get out of the world for a brief time - is never the oddest, weirdest, sickest thing for me. It is my refuge.

Back to reality.

I am here in my room, reading, for the umpteenth time, Jane Eyre. Probably one of my most favorites. It is my relaxation and peace-maker. My mind is so shrouded with clouds, and it's raining inside of me like the downpour outside our house. I need to focus, I need to be out of this world, even just for the tiniest bit of the moment.

Because Aiden just did it! Ugh. I can't even call him by his name, let alone talk to him.

He snapped the hair-like thread that separates my sanity from insanity. It was his second time telling me to "loosen up and let go" of what I feel. And right now, I feel like grabbing a baseball bat and club him to death!

Violence!

I hate it, and yet I thought of doing such. God! He's so contagious. Only a few hours of spending time with him, I am now thinking and might start acting like the delinquent baboon that he is!

Oh yeah I mentioned it was not his first time in giving me the greatest advice of letting go of what I feel inside. The first time was when I was ten.

-- Flashback --

"Another detention? But Mrs. Willows, I can't-" Cynthia shrieked and stands up from her seat in disbelief. Our principal cuts across her squeals of protests.

"We do not tolerate ill-treatment of students amongst their schoolmates." Her voice was calm, but it was stern in a way that it brought Cynthia slumping back to her seat, looking quite defeated.

"I will be informing your parents of this incident. Yes Ms. Colston." She added, as Cynthia's eyes - to my entertainment - dilated into owl-like orbs."You not only ridiculed Ms. Lovegood here" She gestures to me and continues again. ".. in front of your classmates, but also in the presence of the Science Fair guests. And raising your voice in my presence only shows you are in need of counselling for proper manners."

We are in the principal's office. I am seating next to the girl who is now doing a toddler-tantrum while Mrs. Willows phones our parents. Well it's no use in my case, as my parents are both in another continent.