Chapter 27: A Promise to Fulfill

Hi Wattpaders! Last chapter happened right before Ryann collapsed because of her illness. Aiden kind of admitted to Blaize that he likes Ryann, right? It sort of happened before. But he still denies it. That's because he is torn between two reasons: one that he will- Oh shoot! I almost told you!

Anyway! Just read this chapter and be enthralled. Ha ha!

Enjoy my lovelies!

--- Flashback ---

What if you could be soul mates with your best friend?

"I think she's not worth it." Aiden persisted in to Blaize, who was acting odd. Blaize only just confided to Aiden about his crush on a girl she recently saw.

Having this kind of attraction towards a girl? And at his age? It is nearing insanity, Aiden thought.

"I expected that coming from you." Blaize turned around and made his way to where Aiden was seated. "You, who really don't know anything about this. You've never liked anyone.. other than Cynthia." Blaize mocked Aiden, wiggling his brows.

"Oh shut it!" Aiden fumed. "It's a total misunderstanding. She's the only one who presumes things." Aiden sounded annoyed like it's the least issue that he doesn't want to discuss about. "Can't you just tell the girl? Instead of doing this? You're being ironic. You like her, yet you want to torment her? You seemed too desperate just to catch a girl's attention."

"Bravo Mr. Stone! Yeah, I am a little desperate. I look up her schedule, and Cynthia's in most of her classes. It's the brightest idea I've ever had." Blaize said with a laugh.

"You mean she goes to our school? And what does Cynthia have to do with it?" Aiden asked though he know what the answer would be.

Blaize is liked by a lot of girls, but he never gave them attention just like him. This girl they are talking about intrigues him.

"Yes. Yes. Forget about her and Cynthia for a while. Anyway, you're back! How are things?"

"I thought you'd never ask." Rolling his eyes, Aiden felt relieved of the sudden change in topic. He almost thought that Blaize would never stop talking about 'the girl'. But he felt a little uneased at what Blaize is asking.

Aiden knew that Blaize was pertaining to his condition. He and his mother thought that he had an asthma. Been wheezing and having a hard time to breathe for years. And last year, it took its toll on him that he has to stop school.

His doctor -who was suppose to be a great pulmonologist- just kept on giving him medications that isn't anywhere near helpful. They took a second opinion.

It was Blaize's suggestion that they do so. His family members are well-known doctors worldwide. Since then, they became the Stones' family doctor.

"I'm good." Aiden lied. "And I don't need a girl to be this good." He teased Blaize who just rolled his eyes and shook his head.

At that time, Aiden was clueless to everything that is bound to happen.

*****

"Cynthia? Cynthia! He's back." A girl told Cynthia who replied, "Who?"

"Aiden.. Aiden is back."

"When?" Cynthia's eyes brighten like the streets of New York at night at the mention of Aiden's return.

"According to my source, he returned three days ago. He's with Blaize by the school entrance right now."