Chapter 7: Curious As Always

Need some love! I hope you'll enjoy this new chap!

Ryann

I looked at my phone, still no message from Danica. I was pacing back and forth inside the school gym waiting for her text or call. I asked her to pick me up here at school.

It was already half past four in the afternoon. I groaned and made my way to the school gates.

I doubt Danica's going to show up. I already sent her hundreds of messages!

She's making me worry. I tried contacting her but all I hear is the call center-like voice of a female telling me that the subscriber cannot be reached. My body whirled around and I started walking towards the gate.

"Ryann! Come back here!" Mr. Parkinson's voice boomed from behind me. I ignored him and hasten my pace.

I was walking so fast as though a stalker was following me.

In my mind's eye, I imagine myself being held captive by a kidnapper with a smirk on his face. His viridian eyes looking at me maliciously and-

Wait-! What?! Get a grip lady! Tut!

This past few days, Aiden -being the douche he is- has been disturbing my dreams, turning them into nightmares. I was sleepless for a week now. And it doesn't help with Danica missing for two days now.

After half an hour or so of walking, I passed by the grocery store in town. Bob's food was all out. And I'm in need of some snacks in case Danica still doesn't show up. Hmm, I really am starting to fret.

She's fine! I shook my head and went inside it.

After I'm pleased with my picks, I paid for them on the counter and headed outside. I pulled out my iPod with my right hand, my left arm clutching the paper bag full of junk food. Putting on my earphones, listening to Christina Aguilera, I shove my iPod back to my pocket. I then rummaged inside the paper bag for my Peppero while walking the pavement.

I phoned Dan for the millionth time and this time she picks up. I pulled off my earphones before pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?", her voice was rough as though she was ill.

"Hey Dan, are you okey? You've got me worried sick! And why do you sound.. peculiar? Where are you and where have you been?" I muttered over the phone, frowning at how her voice sounded so tired.

"It's nothing. Anyway, I'll be home by now." She said, changing the topic.

"Where were you Danica? Don't change the subject!" I said triumphantly. knowing that she would give in. But instead,

"Not now, Ry. Not now." Her voice broke. Then I heard her sniff.

"Hey! What's-"

Beep!

She hung up on me. I was astonished. Oh my! I fidget my fingers nervously, walking faster than before. Just a few more meters and I'm gonna round a corner where the gates to our village is.

Just wait for me, Dan! Now, I'm more worried. Why does she sound so totally freaked out?!