Chapter 21: When in Lincoln Park

~ Play the song Fall by Justin Bieber at the media corner while reading this. :)

Aiden's Perspective

"Not in a million years, you dimwit!"

"Oh, come on cupcake! It's not like we're commiting a crime."

I am now driving slowly near the curb of the street where Ryann is walking in a fast pace.

She went all ballistics on me when I declared that I wasn't really planning on going to school, and that I want her to come with me.

She's not an easy one.

She punched and kicked the dashboard of my precious ride, and even dared to put a scratch on the glass of my car if I don't pull-over and let her out. That's how she ended up walking the pavement while I trail behind her in my Bugatti.

"What are you afraid of? Failing your grades? Missing such a boring Literature class? I think I saved you from the worst. You should be thanking me instead of fuming th- Hey!" I hastily got out of the car when I saw her getting inside a cafeteria and I followed suit.

The door clinked when I enter. All heads turned to my direction. "Good afternoo-!" A lady wearing an apron, and a menu on her clasp, greeted me with a too much warm smile on her face, batting her lashes at me. "How may I help you sir?" She slurred.

"Just looking for someone."

In the corner of my eyes, I see the waitress slump her shoulders in defeat.

I'm used to girls doing everything they can to impress me. Like that would make me like them. Not quite though. I'm called a player for a reason: girls always come in and out of my life, either crying, begging or cursing my name. I never give a damn about them. They are all the same. They think I'm a trophy. A must-have prize that they boast around.

The waitress eyed me like I'm her prey. "Call me if you need anything, Sir..?"

She waited for me to tell her my name, her brows shooting upwards.

"Aiden?" It wasn't me who said this. I look around and saw the least person I expect to see.

My whole body tensed up. I put on my defenses, and summoned all my might to hide my astonishment and..

What is this? This sensation of having my heart crashed and burn to ashes and turn into dust?

"It is you. How have you been?" She approached me and gave me a hug. It was a little awkward, for my arms were just dangling on my sides.

Should I hug her back?

I did so, only half-heartedly.

It was different. Back then, when we do this, whenever we touch or hug or kiss, I feel sparks flying inside me. Like a short circuit. Making me not let go of her. But this time I let go.

"Miss Saschia, we should-"

"Oh, shush Marly, this won't take a lifetime." She shoved the girl, who I assume is her personal assistant, for she was carrying a lot of baggages while Saschia doesn't.

"What are you doing here?" It sounded more like an accusation, rather than a question. But I managed to give her a simper before she assumes anything.

She was a little taken aback. But she says, "I wanted a cup of coffee."

"No, what I mean is here.." I pointed my forefinger on the floor, ".. in Chicago."

"I told you, I will be having a photo shoot for Vogue in Illinois, remember?" I could smell her perfume, and it's filling me in with a heavenly sensation. She still look the same. Her soft skin, her lively eyes, and her full lips. They all contribute to how pretty she is. But it doesn't affect me anymore the way it used to.