Hypersensitive Evaluation

"No, but I think it interesting you know what Endometriosis is." Rachel replied, amused.

"Mom a Doctor?" I pointed out.

"Oh. Yes. Sorry. You are probably better informed about medical things than the average person on the street."

"I also did some research on it. Vera told me when she and I were together that she was on birth control, and I had no reason to doubt that. She never got pregnant after all. At the same time, I looked at what other things might prevent that."

"So you did not totally trust her." Rachel sounded slightly happy at that.

"No. Vera kept leaving me, and getting back together, for seven years. It was worth looking into. In any case, would you mind if I look at your abdomen with my extra senses? It may seem a little pervy, but I promise I am looking at things like the shape of your uterus and stuff."

"Where do you want me?" Rachel asked.

"Stand here, blocking the sun. Pants up or down as you feel comfortable with, given my face will be near but not touching your lower abdomen."

Rachel dropped her pants to the deck and stood where I said. I sat, eyes level with what I wanted to image.

It is not only that I am a hypersensitive Vampire, with off the charts senses, but it is also that I have been practicing looking inside a woman for months. From the first positive pregnancy test, I have been watching my little girl growing inside her mother. I am really good at this now.

I explained what I was doing as I 'looked'. "IR, as you know, is about longwave radiation. I am going to hover the palms of my hands here and here, as my brain integrates the heat I get on my skin with what I see with my eyes. All my skin. Face, hands, forearms, plus eyes. It builds up in my mind like a sonogram image, I can also move around and see various depths. Not as well as a sonogram, but pretty well. I watch our baby suck her thumb in the womb, for example."

"I trust you, Adrian. Touch me wherever you need to if that helps. I am curious now too."

"I need to look down a bit" I explained "Because the uterus, when you are not pregnant, lives behind your bladder, which is behind the pubic bone. I can deal with a bladder, but the bone is impossible, especially in a Vampire your age. You have much more metal in you than Jessica does... More like Helen..."

"You could become a Doctor with your extra senses it seems."

"It's on my list. I wish I could deliver the baby." I answered.

Rachel touched to top of my head. "Ever the romantic." She said.

I sighed. "Would you mind using the bathroom? Your bladder is fairly full. Harder to see through all the warm liquid."

"Sure. Can we do this in the cabin?" Rachel asked

"Yes. Be easier. No sun."

We went down the ladder and into the cabin, and once Rachel was done, we reassumed the stances at the kitchen table. I hovered my hands, and I angled. Changed distances slightly now and then. Since I am there, I also scented her skin. You get a great deal about health from how someone smells. I would lick her skin since my taste is also amped up, but that would be a little too personal, given where I am.

It is much easier to see shapes now, with all my practice. I can see the uterus and the ovaries. I spent a long time on the fallopian tubes. I looked for Cysts of any kind. Abnormal dimensions. Closed things that should be open. I studied the ovaries as closely as I could, seeing the undeveloped tiny eggs, waiting there. Actually more the texture of them.