Baby Food

I plan to run out to the store to buy some things for dinner. I am not even sure what I am going to make yet, wanting to walk around the store and see what struck me: What looks and smells fresh. I used to worry to some degree about what expensive food items have sales, but with a couple of immensely rich Vampire women living in my house, the money issue changed to being one of Vampire quality. I put something on the table that of lesser quality because it was on sale, Helen will give me so much hell.

With my over-amped senses, I don't need to look at the labels to know what is what. It is sad how many things at the store are labeled as Organic or no hormones or pesticides that are actually filled with the stuff. I can tell. Nothing but the best food goes into my growing family. We have no idea what species our daughter will be, but I will not start her off in this life full of garbage. She'll get enough of that later.

Timeliness of food is also important. Jessica is eight months pregnant and needs to eat lots of meat, preferably red, and she eats often. Otherwise, I will find that her fangs are sunk a little too deep in my shoulder. She would never intentionally hurt me, and I heal quickly these days, but still: I am tired of being a pregnant Vampire watering hole.

I need to eat to keep my strength up too.

If William, the jealous, murdering bastard, had not slaughtered our unborn child I would be dealing with two ravenous women rather than one. Based on what I know now, hard to see how I could survive that. I would have liked to try.

I have no regrets about killing William. He stabbed Helen and killed our baby. I thought I should regret William's brutal and excruciating death, but I can't. I felt bad for not feeling bad. I am glad he is dead, and I am glad Rachel and I took that revenge.

Despite losing the baby, it is not darkness at my house. Jessica avoided any attempts by William to kill her and our baby. My parents are here, and in on all the secrets. It could be worse. I have no time to feel that dark rage, though all Helen and I need to do is look at each other and see the black abyss of loss in each other's eyes.

Mom and Dad help where they can, which is a great deal as they live in their RV out beside the house. My human friends Lori and Danny, who live in the house out back are also with us on this adventure. None of them is Vampire so they can not serve as Jessica's baby food supplement. Pregnancy has sent Jessica's libido through the roof as well.

It is different for Helen and I. Helen getting pregnant was the unplanned but welcome result of a wild wedding night, not intentional, pre-planned polyamory. We have deep feelings for each other, and not all of them tied to the baby we lost. I am not ready for anything new to happen with her, and Helen is ... well... Helen. I don't think she is still clear on what part of her feelings for me tie to how I affected her with pheromones, and what is tied to things other than scent and sex. What is the baby, what is the loss, what is the revenge. It's complicated.

We'd need to talk about it to know such things, which, of course, we don't.

As Rachel said on the phone: Helen loves Jessica above all others.

It is all very confusing, and we have long lives to figure it out in, so I am not in any hurry to get it resolved. I sure as hell do not want Helen to be pregnant at the same time as Jessica. Call me a chicken shit. One pregnant Vampire at a time is all I can handle. That excuse has about another month left in it.

Rachel has it right: Helen is not introspective by nature, and so Helen is not working through whatever issues she has. Not about me, the lost baby, Rachel, any of it. Helen is a do'er. A forward planner. Not a sit back and sigh type.