First Vampire on a Cross

[Trigger Warning: If you are in any way uncomfortable with depictions of very personal injury and violence, are a rape survivor? Then the next few scenes might not be for you. Jump to 'Cleanup on the Center Aisle' or 'Loved from the Inside'. I have been informed these next few scenes caused loss of sleep and a panic attack. I have attempted to make this as real as I possibly could. You might argue that this is fiction and about evolved Vampires and their foes, but I don't know that matters for this. Not for this.]

When I woke back up, Tomas Walker stood there. Stupid body. My brain once again argued against the being awake thing. Once again, my damaged as hell Vampire body insisted it is time to be back in the world.

Tomas held out a bottle of water designed like one of those sports ones where he could squeeze it and the crooked straw in the top would stream some water into my mouth. I drank it greedily. I have no pride left. I have nothing left.

I am awake at my dumb ass bodies insistence, but at the same time, my body is weak, with flaming hot places where the clamps had been. At some point, I tore both nipples completely off, but I don't remember that.

"Are you ready to talk yet?" Tomas asked quietly "because this is the first day. We have many people here that want to hurt you. Many grudges. Chao is just getting started as well. He was sorry you passed out so quickly. Apparently, Vampires are not made of as stern a stuff as we supposed."

"Hi, Tom." I said weakly. "I thought I had been talking. Screaming really." I am hoarse. My throat ached. I looked over at the window. I have no idea if it is day or night, or how long I was unconscious.

Tomas gave me a weak smile. "Yes. Well. We'll continue this after you have some time to think about it."

Tomas and Madge walked talking quietly to the back of the room. I could still hear them perfectly well.

"How long we going to do this?" Madge asked.

"Well. A few more days at least. We may not be able to break a Vampire. As far as I know, no one ever tried. We let London know we have one, and we'll lose the chance to be the first to get anything. They will swoop in here so fast and scoop him up and we'll never get a chance to do anything other than claim to be the first to get one."

Madge replied "That's not nothing, Tomas. We'll still be rewarded. A real Vampire, for god's sake. That's huge!"

"Not as big as uncovering the whole lot of them." Tomas said, and that was the last thing I heard as the double doors swung shut.

Great. So I am the first. Fucking great.

A few more days...

Chao just getting started.

Fuck.