Morgan and Angel

There are no clients in Morgan's office. Judging by the scents, or lack thereof, none have been here today either. I have no idea how many clients Morgan has at any one time, or how many it takes to keep a Private Investigator in gas money for her Miata and salary for her girl Friday. However many clients that is, it seems to be zero today.

Angel admitted me to the office without hesitation and without any surprise at seeing me. I am never surprised when people come to my house, with my Vampire sensorium, but how Angel does it is a mystery. I understand her empathy gift better now that some of her blood was poured directly into me, but what I felt is a pale shadow of her full talent. A biochemical impression at best.

I scented Angel reflexively to try and read her mood, but nothing stood out. I am worried about how she and Morgan will feel about last night and what I did. They piled on a little as well: Angel called me a 'prude' and as deeply insulting as that is, that is no excuse for potentially going nuclear on them. 

There are tendrils of her scent that bother me and more so now that I have her blood inside me: unidentifiable things that ring bells deep in my head. The olfactory processing part of my brain decided to not be sharing what the scents mean to my neocortex. She stimulates something primitive. Since I am a Het male, and she is a female, there is a sexual component, however, this is different, and it also isn't.

Angel is one of the most interesting people I have ever met. Calm. Collected. Cool. Enigmatic. Hard to read. At the same time warm and compassionate and caring. She is a mystery. She carries herself with a certain grace. She should be sexy, but somehow, she is not. She is not unapproachable, but at the same time there is no way to get closer than a certain amount, and then it is like you are in orbit around her. You can't get closer, but it's not a cold, being held at arm's length thing. Last nights joke about how I never 'slept with her either' the closest thing she has ever said or done to let me down into a lower orbit to see her better.

"Hi, Adrian. Come on in. Have a seat. Any open seat. Should be room someplace." Angel said as I entered the three-room office. This main room has Angel's desk and computer, a couch, chairs, and coffee table arranged conversation pit style. One wall is covered in glass front bookcases. Dark accents here and there make it all very classic study. Clients will instantly get the feeling of serious thought occurring in this place.

I sank into a comfortable armchair so deep I wondered if there is going to be a graceful way to get out of it. Maybe I would nest in here. Morgan came into the room from her office. I do not wonder how my fellow Hypersensitive knows I arrived, although I imagine in her human life she still would have known. Hidden cameras or Angel buzzing her or something.

"Hello, Adrian." She greeted. If Morgan feels any ill will towards me it is not obvious. Morgan did not help last night either, but the same thing applies.

People around us are used to Helen and I fighting, so I guess they figure it is Helen and I being Helen and I. If so, they aren't wrong, except that Helen and I escalated our fighting recently.

From the depths of my new nest, I greeted "Hi Morgan. I thought I'd drop in and see if there is anything I can be doing to help you locate the bad guys. You know. The human bad guys that hate anyone not human. Probably should be specific. You have lots of bad guys to chase down around here. I also did not realize till I disappeared into this chair how literal the dropping in is going to be. I hope I get the Internet down here."

Morgan gave that a smile. "Thank you for that clarification. I thought perhaps you meant some bank robbers."

"I can help with those too if you are chasing some." I offered, in jest of course, but there is a certain appeal to the idea. Bank Robbers would be so much more normal than what my life has been since turning.