Fangs Go... Where?

Morgan looked at Angel, who said to me "I was working on an update when you came in. A new post. All Morgan's idea."

I waited. That sentence made no sense. Angel felt slightly defensive about whatever she had been working on for some reason. All would become clear.

I hoped.

I'm a hoper.

Morgan waited for a few heartbeats, and when Angel was not going to fill in what the hell she is talking about, Morgan filled in the blanks. "Here is a general idea. Rather than a deep search, and a great deal of turning over rocks, trying to find a secret society that has been a secret for however long, I wondered how we might make them come to us."

I nodded "Makes sense."

"Except when Angel explains it." Morgan complained. "She is nervous, and I do not blame her. What we did is search the Internet. Find forums where people talk about things like alien abductions and the like."

I hesitated "Er. OK. Sounds... depressing."

Angel agreed "Oh, it is. You would not believe the stuff out there. After I looked for a while..."

Morgan inserted "I gave this to Angel to pursue, as I am dealing with cheating spouse garbage."

Angel finished "... I found some forums where people talk about being the victims of Vampires, and the thing about some of their accounts is... They sound real. I mean real Vampire real. They described women who sexually hypnotized them, bit them, drank their blood, but told them to forget it happened. Mostly men wrote about this. The stories often tied to not only sexual hypnotism but after the bites, sexual acts. A pretty good number of the accounts of the encounters not overly prurient in nature. A lot of them are, of course. Common themes are being unable to resist, and in some cases, finding that the men involved could not keep up with the women, occasionally receiving bruising and other damage along the way. The women saying that they were sorry and that they forgot themselves in the moment."

Vampires and sex. Ham and eggs. One odd thing about the Vampire fiction we put out there is that we left in a strong sexual element. I am not sure why, since that is real. I guess they thought to misdirect by telling some of the truth. It caught on. Humans like sex. "I am amazed a great majority of them are sexual conquest stories. Them being conquered, not the other way around." I said

Angel leaned forward, getting into her subject. "Exactly. That is the thing that makes me wonder about it. Often when the story veered into sexual positions or something similar, it seemed to be less believable. The men in those tales bolder and dominated the woman. The female Vampire ended up begging for them to, and I quote, 'Take them'. Siren Song BS. Those stories are probably guys one-upping the guys that seem to be talking about what really happened to them. The BS'ers calling the guys sharing a real encounter that they are a bunch of wimps. There is that first set of posts. The ones that seem real to me. You tell me, as you are in fact a man: How many men talk about sex with young women and do it in such a way as to be more wrapped up in the biting than the sex? How many portray it as losing control of the situation. Of being sexually dominated. Completely out of control? The regret from the ones that are in committed relationships and that unwillingly betrayed their loved one?"

I shrugged "No idea, Angel. Sorry. More than a few men are like that I am sure. I never really hung out with the kind of men that talk about sex. Whenever Danny and I talked about sex it was always more serious. When we first became sexually active it was questions like 'How do you know if you are doing it right?' or 'Should I ask her if she wants to have sex, or should I wait for her to tell me?' kind of things. Danny figured out that last one. I never did. So, you think these men are remembering despite being injected with the Juice."