Violation upon Violation

[Trigger Warning: If you are in any way uncomfortable with depictions of very personal injury and violence, are a rape survivor? Then the next few scenes might not be for you. Jump to 'Cleanup on the Center Aisle' or 'Loved from the Inside'. I have been informed these next few scenes caused loss of sleep and a panic attack. I have attempted to make this as real as I possibly could. You might argue that this is fiction and about evolved Vampires and their foes, but I don't know that matters for this. Not for this.]Chao had been in recently, so I was out. I very slowly became aware that Tomas stood in front of me, talking to some other guy. I don't think I have seen him before, but no idea, really. I am not sure how long they have even been there.

Everyone at the little church/torture chamber took to calling me 'Joe' at some point. I guess because I would not give them my name. Tomas told the other guy "We want good samples. Pictures. We can see that the eyes are different, and the pictures show it's all new stuff on the Retina. Let's get a sample of that."

They strapped my head to something I could not see, and I could not move it at all. The new guy said: "Hold still, or the damage is going to be worse". It sounded like he did not really care which way I went with that. He smelled like chemicals. Chemical guy stood on... something. I could not see what, he looked into my eyes. He took pictures. Blinding lights.

He stopped for a second, then came back to my head and said: "Hold still". Then he ran a needle into my right eye and scraped the back of it. I became instantly, utterly blind in that eye. I may have screamed. I am not sure. I passed out. I have no resources for anything anymore. My go-to response to pain is to shut off.

I now can only see out of my left eye. I felt the raw damage to my right eye and for some reason, this is the most personal attack on my body yet. The ass attack has been exceeded and not by a little. I trembled with suppressed pain. There is so much of it, and it has been adding up for so long it felt like a dam about to burst. They say anyone will break, and I understood why. I am at the end.

With my remaining eye, I saw a small refrigerator to one side of the dais that is new. I idly wondered when it appeared. I do not really care. It is something to think about that is not being chained to a cross and blinded.

The idle curiosity was soon satisfied. Not the when of it, but they why. That is where they are putting samples from me. Chao still tortured me. People still came up to me and kicked and spit. Now there are others, sticking in various needles, and pulling things out. The fluid of my knee joint they sampled, labeled, and notes made about it.

Chao looked at my fingers. Made 'Humm' kind of noises. He broke a pinky experimentally. I could not remember if he has done that before or not.

I just scream. Went back inside my head where my family awaited me.

From some black place I heard Madge ask Tomas "How much longer?" and his reply "Tomorrow."

Someplace in my brain, I registered that their conversation means I have been here for days, but other than that I cannot remember why that matters.

I went back to where Jessica and I played with our new baby and Helen lay naked, watching and smiling. I have no idea where we are. I am not paying attention to anything farther away from me than Helen, though she is laying naked on the grass, which occurred to me as being odd. Why no blanket? Wouldn't that itch?

Helen is naked, and normally that would cause some sort of interest at some level, but it didn't. Skin is the normal state of affairs at my home, and this is only that. Mommy Helen, not Lover Helen.

Someplace down deep I felt sad. As if that lack of sexual interest is a loss. At least I don't have to feel guilty about it.

My body is failing. The damage and pain and lack of food making things slow down. My right eye is trying to heal itself but it is fighting pinkies and fingernails and toenails and skin and all sorts of punctures, cuts, and bruises for the resources left.