Inviting The Virgin (32)

“This is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever done,” Jordan groaned beside me.

        People were starting to show up to the party and both of us were passing out small little welcome packages which consisted of glow sticks, plastic shot glasses and condoms. You could see the small snicker from people as they looked into the bag seeing the content.

        “I highly doubt that out of this whole weekend this is the most embarrassing,” I countered getting the bags into awaiting hands.

        “Be safe,” Mimi snickered at all of the boy’s expressions to their goody bags, as if they would require all the products tonight.

        What wishful thinkers.  

        It was finally starting to seem like a party. People were crammed into every corner of the pool and flooded out into other class rooms. The music was loud and the lights flashed created the picturesque scene. Almost everyone that I knew from school was here and more.

        “Eden,” Adam greeted while I automatically handed him one of the goody bags.

        This wasn’t a challenge but no one was going to question Stella’s orders. She seemed worried and agitated. I assumed that it was due to all the stress of planning this insane weekend.

        “Hey, Adam,” I said smiling.

        Adam’s eyes look into the bag before his face went bright red. He snapped the bag shut handing it back to me.

        “I won’t need any of that,” Adam laughed while I took it back from him.

        “Well enjoy the party,” I told Adam while he started to back up the line of waiting participates.

        I was amazed at the turn out that we had. With social media these days it shouldn’t have surprised me. Receiving phone numbers at the mall was just word of mouth but once you include the World Wide Web the selection increased. It was a Sunday none the less and school would start promptly at eight with its whole student body hung over or absent.

        “You actually got a college boy here?” Mimi snickered once again showing a side that I didn’t like—“I think I’d be more concerned with the fact that he is at a high school party. What a pervert.” Everything she said seemed to be getting on my nerves.

        Adam cleared his throat awkwardly attempting not to address what had been said.

        “What is wrong with you?” I snapped looking at Mimi after Adam had walked away.

        “It was a joke Eden calm down,” She replied trying to brush off my angered comment.

        “You guys can keep passing this out I’m going to go apologize to Adam on your behalf.” The angered tone in my voice was shown but Mimi did nothing to acknowledge it.