Inviting The Virgin (29)

“What do you mean you don’t remember what Sandra said,” Mimi shouted getting into Jordan’s face.

        They had been at each other’s throats after we all sat in the car unsure of what directions to give Guy. All of us sat in the truck watching everyone shout at each other. With all the separate conversations my neck was starting to hurt from looking back and forth between the two of them.

        “I wasn’t the only one there Mimi. Maybe you should have paid more attention,” Jordan spat back at her in the backseat.

        Zack sat awkwardly in the middle of the feuding girls. Each of them opened their mouths widely shouting and spewing spit with every word. I’d never seen either of them this upset or uptight about anything. Usually Jordan was hyper or completely calm; this was a horrible fluctuation no one had seen before.       

        “Everyone just shut up,” Guy shouted looking into the backseat.

        Guy was nice enough to drive all of us around even though he had alternative motives. Dee and Adam were best friends and Guy was the jealous boyfriend. His reasoning made sense but there wasn’t much I could do about it besides threaten Dee and keep Adam’s eyes on me. She terrified me almost as much as Stella. I looked like she could take any biker in a bar fight with her hands behind her back.

        “Well why don’t you just text Stella since you already have your nose up her ass,” Jordan yelled going further then I ever would.

        She had called Mimi out on having a conversation with Stella but I wasn’t prepared to give away my secret weapon. Mimi not knowing what was inside my brain was something I had over her.  

        “What is she talking about Mimi?” I asked looking confused at Mimi.

        She stumbled over the words she wanted to say in attempt to save her own skin. Her eyes glared in Jordan’s direction before looking back at me. The two blue eyes looked across the truck into the distance as if the correct words would appear in thin air like a teleprompter.

        “I’m trying to win. Just like everyone else I’m treading water praying Stella won’t hold my head under. So what if I kiss a little ass,” Mimi shouted and it almost sounded genuine.

        Maybe Mimi would be able to turn everything around. I had caught Mimi almost making a deal with the devil but I had to ask myself, if Stella made me a proposition to end everything, would I take it? It was a difficult question that I wasn’t prepared to answer. After Mimi spoke the car when quiet until Guy cleared his throat.

        “I hope you guys realize that I actually have a life and I have no intention of actually getting mixed up with all your stupid bullshit,” Guy grunted leaning back with his hands resting on the steering wheel.

        “So where do we go?” Everyone turned to look at me as if I had all the answers.

        “Guy can I barrow your phone?” Looking directly at the alternative boy I kept my hand extended.