Inviting The Virgin (01)

Authors Note:  There are tons of spelling errors, structure errors and plot holes! I wrote this story three years ago, which means it's a little immature and disjointed. Eventually I plan to re-write this story since my skills have gotten a little better over the years. There will not be an update version posted for a long time as I am ankle, knee and thigh deep in a bunch of other stories. 

Read at your own risk. 

In my hands I held an intriguing yet confusing piece of paper. It was a vibrant pink card with a matching floral envelope, on it the words "You've been invited" were scribbled with directions, dates and times. This situation hadn't occurred to be since my parents packed my lunch in a paper bag.

            Standing at my locker I looked around at the busy hallway. As I reread the invitation for the hundredth time my sloped head caused my glasses to slip down the bridge of my nose. Pushing them up, I tucked the card within my textbooks. It only confirmed what I thought was impossible, it was from Stella, the queen bee of Regal High.   

            She was the standard straight from the factory, born to be a go getter, bitch that ruled the school. Strangely enough she wasn't a typically dumb blonde; actually, she excelled in almost everything, academics, sports and extracurricular activities. These were the facts that forced my eyes to roll whenever she walked the halls. It seemed as if she had it all, at least she could be stupid or maybe even catch a strange disease but that would just allow more people to sway underneath her velvet reign.

            Staring over at her andher posy made my eyes water. Me? One of the many people Stella made a social outcast invited to a sleep over during the weekend, it must have been a practical joke. It was only a simple piece of paper inside a decorated envelope but there was a psychological weight now being carried in my arms. The longer I had it the more it held my full attention.

            Closing my locker I headed towards Stella's usually hanging spot. There was a circle on the second floor with an extended bench along the wall. Her and her watch dogs gossiped in between classes as much as possible. Seeing my approach everyone stopped talking.

            "Excuse me," My voice sounded small and inferior, I cleared my throat pulling on the collar of my blouse—"Did you put this in my locker?" After I questioned her she made it obvious what an unintelligent statement I had just made.

            "Well my name is on it and it's my party," She laughed running her hands through her long hair.

            "I thought you were supposed to be smart, Eden," Her tone was devastating to any confidence that I had gained during the walk over here.

            Even with her petty remarks to my educational worth she accomplished it without breaking her award winning smile. She was the shining essence of high school popularity with an eerie sense of perfection about her.

            Tightness grew on my forehead while I held a quizzical look—"Why?" I questioned her still unsure of what Stella's intentions were.

            "Because it's senior year and everyone is invited. Why not have a party?" She implied the question knowing that I wouldn't have a solid answer for her.

            In high school there were many cliques of people. I for one had gotten over the party happy and popular phase quickly, throwing myself into my studies. 

            "So you got the invitation?" She asked as I questioned her intelligence.

            "Yeah," I nodded my head revealing the card from within my textbook.

            I held it up in the air so she could see. All she did was nod her head playing cool and collected while I felt like vomiting into the nearest garbage can. Any of the kids self entitled enough to deem themselves popular rarely spoke to me besides to copy my homework. In my senior year the names had stuck, branded into my skin that no number of baths could wash it away.

            This was a rare collision of worlds, one that could end it both of their destruction. After all this went against the laws of high school.

            "So are you going to RSVP or just stare at me all day?" She turned her head sideways looking at me, almost questioning her own decision to invite me.

            Stella's statement had taken me by surprise—"Sure..." The word slipped out of my mouth followed my silence on my behalf.

            "Super," She popped the p rising from the benches.

            She gave me a smile that appeared kind but that wasn't a descriptor for Stella. A real walking talking Barbie stood in front of me grabbing onto my shoulder for reassurance.

            "It'll be fun," She insisted giving me another frightening flash of the pearly whites.

            Her and her minions waltzed away leaving me with all my thoughts and mainly regrets. Why she had invited me to a party after banishment was a mystery I needed to solve but was the curiosity worth what might be hiding behind her mascara covered lashes. 

            "You don't have to do this, Eden," Talking to myself had been an excellent way to cope with my lack of friends.

            I knew the name of every single graduating senior and they knew mine. Instead of being obsessed with maintaining friendships I skipped for acquaintances and studying. Academics came naturally; my mother was a college professor which meant from a young age I was learning from the best. Now early university acceptance letters flew in faster than weekly flyers. Currently I was undecided therefore I applied everywhere just to be sure.

            I looked at the card still shaking in my hands. The address wasn't anything I recognized. It was scheduled to begin after school on Friday and go until Sunday night. Three full days stuck with Stella and whoever else she invited, no matter which way I said it; it was unpleasant.  

            It was my senior year and any conversation besides my family was at a minimum. I contemplated my decision on my home. Once I arrived I told my parents over dinner. It wasn't long until my parents had made up my mind for me.

            They stated that some social interaction would do me some good. My father only stated "what's the worse that could happen" before continuing on with his dinner. With my parents advice my mind was made up. I was going to Stella's party for multiple reasons. This was senior year and I deserved to celebrate it with my graduating classmates.

            I was going and that was final.

            And this is how it all starts.