Inviting The Virgin (23)

Everyone was silent. I assumed that most girls had just passed out onto their pillows like I almost had. Mimi had rolled over completely ignoring any attempt I made at making conversation. My arms were folded across my chest while I waited patiently for the morning to come. Without my cell phone there was no possible way to set an alarm so I kept myself up with thinking.

        I tried to make a mental mind map of what was happening but it was too hard without a pen and a piece of paper.

        Slowly the hallway door opened slowly. It creaked but slowing I saw Jordan sneak into the room. She had heard everything that I did and most likely was just had curious as I was. She tip toed across the room sitting down on the edge of my bed.

        “What do you think they were talking about?” Jordan whispered. I sat up in the small bed looking at Jordan. She looked just as tired as I was yet she was here. Mimi’s blonde curls were the only thing in view. I still had so many questions for Mimi but it was obvious now that she was ignoring me. 

        She had left me in the club to fend for myself. I thought we were passed actions like that. Out of anyone here I thought that Mimi would have been my friend. It was the first time I was questioning otherwise.       

        “We are going to find out.” I sighed having way too many things on my mind. The need to know more information was strong.

        “Did you hear that?” Jordan asked referring to the small creak from someone opening their door. 

        “Yeah.” I responded rising from the bed.

        Both of us rose from the bed slowly pulling the door open. We stuck our heads out only to see someone’s back turn the corner and go down the stairs. They were stealthy. We barely heard the faint footsteps. Luckily for us we knew exactly where she was going. Both Jordan and I stayed far enough back that we weren’t seen. Occasionally we would trip and stumble over each other.

        “Where did she go?” Jordan asked once we reached the main entrain. There were three hallways connecting to the foyer.

        I pointed with a finger telling her which direction that we needed to go. Zack’s room was down a long hallway in the very corner of the house. It was secluded enough but apparently very popular. The light from his door opening illuminated as he opened it and Sandra stepped in.

        Both Jordan and I looked at each other before we rushed down the hallway. We stood near the door careful enough not to cast a shadow. With the whole house being quiet it was easy to hear what was being said.

        “She is going to be the death of you and your scholarship. Stella’s dad is fine with throwing money at his new stepson but if he gets wind of anything Stella has to say you might as well forget about it.” Sandra seemed very clear with her words.

        I stared down the hallway with my ear pressed firmly against the wall. I looked into the darkness focusing on what they were saying. It seemed as if I ease dropped a lot lately.