Inviting The Virgin (24)

“Rise and shine ladies.” People were shouting trying to wake us up. I felt as if I had just shut my eyes when they had come calling for me. The sheets were ripped from my body forcing me to curl attempting to keep some form of heat.

        “Jesus maybe I should let you sleep some more you look like shit.” Sandra spoke from above my head.

        “I bet you look worse.” Rolling over onto my side I looked up at her.

        “Yup I was right.” I laughed and for once we were able to have a laugh together. It sounded like something we would have said to each other if we had still been friends. She smiled in return before looking over to the bed that Mimi should have been sleeping in.

        “Do you know where she went?” Sandra asked me raising an eyebrow. I truthfully had no idea where she went. Once Jordan and I slipped out of the room she must have done the same. The purpose behind it was unknown.

        “Well no one left the building last night so she has to be here somewhere.” Sandra put her finger to her pink lips. They were glossy and sticky. When she opened her mouth there was a small trail of gloss stinking to both lips.

        “Get your butt out of bed and downstairs before the queen bee sends away all her worker bees.” I rose still groggy from the few minutes or hours that I had gotten of sleep. I had never been so tired in my life.

        I pulled at the clothes I had slept in which were turned backwards from a tossed filled night. Pajamas weren’t something Stella had planned out very well. I’d remember to confront Stella about this issue.

        “I just need to get dressed.” Sandra nodded leaving the room and closing the door behind her. I dug through the closet trying to find something comfortable. I pulled parts of the labeled outfits together making something that wasn’t horrifying or meant for a dance club.

        I was the most comfortable in a pair of jeans and regular t-shirt. Although the jeans and shirt was too tight it was manageable. It seemed as if everyone was still trying to eventual wake up. Some doors remained closed while others were left empty. After staying up for so long they shouldn’t expect us to wake this early.

        “Well good morning sunshine.” Jordan’s voice was overly bright and welcoming it was almost irritating this early. It was her personality but I had expected that she might have been like the rest of us. She was an early bird.

        I groaned in response.

        “Time to eat.” Again there was the parade of food being served by our favorite people. If Mimi was here it would have been easy to make a joke about the situation. Mimi was nowhere to be found.

        Zack and Wayne were both avoiding eye contact with me. They kept their backs away from me and stayed focused on the task at hand. We gathered food onto our plates and sat down at the large table. Only hands full of us were awake and alert enough to eat.