Inviting The Virgin (05)

Zack directed us towards our second challenge. The streets were just as busy even though the sun was going down. Downtown was stunning. Tall buildings with lights covered the streets while people walked below them. It was a twenty minutes drive until we reach our location.

            I looked rustic. It was formed with old red bricks some falling loose. Metal railings outlined the property most likely in place for the drunks that stumbled out after last call. Double doors were open with a large man standing in front. A small line of people collected near the entrance.

            All of us got out of the car. My feet felt heavy while I approached the building. Anyone that looked at me could tell that I was underage, not only by my appearance but the way I cowered behind Zack while he walked.

            Zack seemed more comfortable than I. He had a confident strut while we waited in line slowly approaching the bouncer. The closer we got the more nervous I became. My hand reached to my mouth while I chewed on the corner of one of my nails.

            My heart pounded wildly while I pictured myself walking passed him and into the bar.

            Zack pulled my elbow towards him whisper to me—“Meet me around back,” he let me go once we reached the large man.

            “Hey,” Zack greeted the bouncer who gestured his arm to let him pass.

            Both Mimi and I looked at each other as if it really was that easy, it wasn’t. The bouncer held up his arms standing in between our freedom.

            “Either show me your ID’s or leave,” He stated simply.

            I didn’t even have the nerve to pretend I had forgotten it at home or any excuse I could think of to avoid being lame. Instead I bolted back to where I came from Mimi following quickly behind me. The big bald man was terrifying.

            “Plan B,” I stated while both of us started to walk towards the back.

            “How the hell did he get into the bar but we didn't, seriously, we look hot,” Mimi screeched while we stalked to the back.

            There was a lack of light leaving us to stumble in heels in a dark bar alley. There were multiple doors and I wasn’t sure which one Zack was going to come through.

           “Maybe it’s a gay bar, maybe that’s why he got in,” She snickered tripping over garbage that littered the back, hundreds of crates were filled with bottles while I stumbled over garbage bags that clinked together.

            A door barged open shedding light onto the alley. Zack’s figure stood within the light while both of us hurried out of the darkness and into the building. The sound hit us first followed by the harsh smell of alcohol at the rear of the building. We made it through other small rooms before leading us towards the loudest and most crowded section.