Inviting The Virgin (07)

“Eden, why are you still here?”  Mimi asked making me panic even more.

            Desperately I wanted to hold my ankle but being jammed into a toilet made me reconsider.

           “I’m stuck,” I whispered in a hushed tone.

            I braced myself, my hands holding onto the stall walls while I attempted to tug my foot free. The long it resided there the more I thought of how gross it had been.  

            “Where?” Mimi snickered her mind must have figured it out already.

            “In the toilet, where do you think it would be,” I hissed my teeth clenched together. 

            Mimi laughed hysterically the sound echoing through the vent. My face was red with embarrassment as well as anger but eventually I let out a laugh as well. Who would have guessed this washroom would have been my utter defeat.

            Since I was drunk I’d allow this one to slide.

            “It’s not that funny,” I told Mimi still hearing her laughter—“Now what?” I asked her seeing as she wasn’t giving any helpful ideas.

            “I’m thinking,” Mimi spoke her feet slapping against the tiles while she paced back and forth in the other room, it was a luxury the toilet wasn’t allow me. 

A loud pounding at the door gave me a quick snap back to reality. My eyes widened staring at the door which, was out of reach. Looking down into the toilet a mental light turned on. Painfully, I submerged my hand into the water unhooking the strap wrapped around my ankle. With most of my foot free it was easy to yank it from the shoe. My foot slipped out perfectly but the shoe stayed wedged.

“I’m out.” Keeping Mimi updated on the situation was going to be hard.

With her height she wouldn’t even be able to touch the brim of the vent on her tiptoes. Droplets fell from my foot and onto the titles while I hopped towards the door, debating if I wanted to open it or not.

Another large bang echoed to my ears—“Other people are waiting” a voice boomed. The people outside were becoming rowdy and I didn’t want to be here when the doors opened.

“I don’t know what to do.” Calling out to Mimi was my only option.

She had literally no way of assisting me in this endeavor but her verbal assistance was that I needed most. Placing my dry foot onto the toilet I hoisted myself up. Peering through the vent my eyes caught the top of Mimi’s blonde hair.