Inviting The Virgin (14)

I obviously hadn’t come down off my high yet. My feet moved towards the closest escalator. The closer I got to Mimi the more my head raced. She was being escorted by a mall security guard through the mall getting worse stares than I would ever get. Tucking my elbows in I uttered apologizes to the people I pushed out of the way.

            Mimi’s arm was still being held tightly while I caught up. My feet were on her heels, her eyes turning slightly to see that I was still behind her, finally having her back. The cop and her disappeared around a corner heading towards a door that said “security”. I watched while they hide behind the door

           Taking a deep breath I stood at the door the black letters staring me in the face. There wasn’t time to think. My hand pressed open the door and I stepped through.

            “Hi, I’m looking for my bag. I lost it and they sent me here to find it,” I forced my voice to sound innocent and sweet.

            The gentleman turned around setting the phone back down on the receiver. Mimi sat in a chair off in the corner, her arms crossed. She glanced up looking at me with a smile but I shock my head.

            “No ma’am that kind of thing goes through the info center down stairs,” He spoke into a video monitor barely looking at me.

            I waltzed towards where he was standing. Lifting myself up I sat on the counter getting over close to him. He raised his eyes glancing at me taking a second glance.

            “See,” my hand extended touching his shoulder—“I’ve been to the info center and they sent me everywhere in this building until I got here. So I was wondering if you would just take a look for me.” Batting my eyelashes had never got me so far.

            “I can, take a look.” His checks blushed before he started to search for the bag that I knew very well was sitting in my car on the passenger seat.

            He barely took notice to Mimi who still sat pouting on the chair. He dug through boxes and boxes eagerly looking for his opening. Letting out a large sigh he returned approaching me with a sad look. He seemed late twenties, tired from being stuck at this job.

            “Thank you very much for looking,” I told him but instead of getting up and leaving I stayed swinging my legs back and forth.

            “Hold old are you?” I asked watching Mimi stifle a smirk.

            “I’m twenty seven,” He looked nervous.

            I bite my lip and twirled my hair giving him all the wrong impressions—“I really like a man in uniform,” I reached out touching his collar watching his eyes grow wide.