Inviting The Virgin (15)

The anticipation was killing me. For all I knew it could have been some forty-five year old man still living in his mother’s basement. My heart sunk just thinking about it. This feeling made me realize that there had been someone in my mind that I was rooting for.

            “I was just curious to see if you wanted your clothes back?” Within Zack’s hands he held the over coat.

            You could almost hear my eyes roll back in my skull. Grabbing it from his hands I tossed in onto the chair I was just sitting in. I grabbed my T-shirt throwing it over my head and pulling it back down.

            “Oh so you’ll strip for everyone else but not me because I was thinking…” I didn’t let him get past his first sentence before I pushed him away from the other girls.

            They didn’t need to know that I had changed in a room with him. Although nothing happened within those walls it wouldn’t stop things from being fabricated. The people around me would cut my throat for any reason.

            “Shut your mouth.” I pushed his shoulders once again, it was a gesture that relaxed me.

            “It’s not something to joke about. All those girls will be talking about this and telling everyone and I really don’t need people talking about me more than they already are.” Letting out some steam was making this easier.

            “Maybe you’re like those sexy librarians that pretend to be all quiet and innocent but are real freaks in the sheets,” he laughed as if I hadn’t said anything in the first place.

            “I can’t believe out of all the people, you bid on me. Seriously of all the people in the world it had to be you. A selfish, arrogant asshole.” Zack had been here the whole time with the worst of intentions, the snickers and smirks were getting on my last nerves.

            “Can you calm down for five seconds?” He rose his hands. His face looked hurt by what I said and for a mere minute I felt bad for saying them to him.

            The hurt in his eyes were easy to see but it only lasted for a moment.

            “I came to give you your stupid shirt back and to see how you were doing. I didn’t win the bid and you don’t have to be a bitch.” he gestured with his hands towards my shirt before turning to walk away. I followed after him, although it seemed like a stupid idea but it’s what I did.

            His strides were long but eventually I caught up to him.