Chapter: 9 Sticking together

Y/N POV:
Clementine and AJ seemed eager to hear your story.
"Okay, where to start?" You said to yourself, preparing to begin your story.

Imagine a story sequence playing back Y\N's past.

Your story:
I was 10 before this all happened. I was home alone, just doing normal kid stuff. My parents were running errands. Some masked guy broke into my house and knocked me out. Next thing I knew, I woke up in a hospital bed in some kind of lab. The people there where running tests on me and injecting me with weird serums, trying to creat the perfect human being. The perfect super soldier. Well, one morning Dr. Hurb got it right, creating a strain of the serum called pqt47C. He injected it into me and from that point on, my body and my life changed. I had gained increased strength, speed and agility. Not to mention other abilities. I then escaped the lab and walked out into the now scarred world we live in today. I made my way back home, hoping to see my parents again and make sure they were alright. But I was too late. They had turned into the walking dead we see on the daily. They left a note to me, basically telling me to be strong and survive. And that's what I did. I then killed both of them, ending their misery. I then ran into a group of southern people. The leader of the group, Mary, took me in with kind arms and took care of me. But it didn't last. Her husband went crazy, killing her family and then himself. I had gotten better with my new body and powers at the time. But it wasn't enough to save her. She ended up getting bit. She told me to do exactly what my parents said to do. "Stay strong and survive." I left her behind, knowing that there was nothing more I could do. I heard her shoot herself as I left, realizing that she didn't want to turn. I was alone for a bit, learning how to survive on my own pretty well, as well as honing my skills even further. I then happened upon a group of soldiers that fought for The Battle Hardened. After saving their squad, they offered me a position in their ranks. I humbly accepted it and became a soldier of The Battle Hardened. Then after about a year with them I was promoted to the second highest rank in the military force known as (Reaper) and that's how I got my armor and motorcycle. Then, the battle against the old world military at Virginia Beach took place. I lost a lot of people. Good people. But I also saved a lot of them as well. Then not too long after that, someone in our ranks plotted mutiny and burned our base down and caused the death of our leader, General Reed. I also made a promise to him before I left him to his fate. I promised to keep moving on and to survive. But I also promised him that I would continue to live by the goal he had set and stone for The Battle Hardened. That goal is to protect and serve those who cannot for themselves. After I left, I traveled the countryside for about 4 years on my own, looking for people to help and looking for a place I could possibly call home.

"And now here I am talking to you two." You said to Clementine and AJ with a grin.
They looked at you with a mixture of expressions such as shock, amazement, happiness, sadness, and regret for making you relive all of that again.
"Wow Y/N I uhh. I'm at a loss for words." Clementine said to you with a surprised look.
"I can't believe all that you've been through. And here I thought we had it hard." She adds, now with a depressed expression.
"I'm sorry for making you relive all of those memories." She says to you in an apologetic tone.
"It's alright. I've had a lot of time to cope with the losses. And if anything, they have made me stronger, molded me into a greater person." You replied to her with a proud tone.
"Well I'm glad that you feel that way, Y/N, that's incredible." She stated to you with a happy expression.
"But I still am a little iffy on one thing." She said to you with a raised eyebrow.
"Man she is cute when she does the eyebrow thing. I've already seen it multiple times and I just met her not too long ago. Woah Y/N get ahold of yourself."  You thought to yourself.

You then snap back to reality then respond to what Clementine last said to you.
"Hmm. And what's that?" You replied back to her with a questioning tone.
"The whole super soldier business just doesn't seem all that real to me. Are you sure you aren't making that up?" She asked you, continuing her raised eyebrow expression.
"W-what? No I'm not making it up! It's real, Clementine. Everything I told you in that story is real." You said to her, feeling a little offended by what she said.
"Well I'm sorry, Y/N. But that's really hard to believe. It sounds like something out of a comic book." She replied to you with a tone of disbelief. You then sighed in response.
"Well I guess imma have to prove it to you somehow." You replied to her, now standing up out of the chair.
"Don't worry Y/N. I believe you." AJ said to you with a friendly smile. You look at him then return the smile happy that he's on your side.
"Well, until you find a way to prove it, me and AJ are going to try to open that security door." She said to you while looking at the door.
"Hmm. Can't pry it open. Maybe one of us can climb through the ticket booth." She said looking over to AJ.
"It's dark in there." He stated to Clementine. You then look in the room, trying to see another way in.
"Hmm. Might be to risky letting you climb in AJ. Why don't we keep looking around, there's probably another way in." You say to him in a reassuring tone. You then walk over to the two undead body's trapped in the chairs and inspect them noticing a key on one of their bodies. You then look down to see a note and a bottle of poison.
"Oh yeah I almost completely forgot about these two." Clementine said while walking towards you and the two undead bodies. You then read the note.
"Please leave us alone. This is what we wanted." You read before looking at the bodies with a saddened expression. Clementine does the same, looking at you then at the undead bodies with sorrow.
"Well, Looks like our options are either the window or killing these two and grabbing the keys." Clementine stated, looking at both the ticket booth and the two undead bodies.
"We should kill them." AJ said walking over to you and Clementine.
"They aren't people." AJ adds.
"Well, they used to be people." Clementine said kneeling down to AJ's level.
"And as people they asked to be left alone." You explained to AJ.
"That's right." Clementine replied to you with a look of approval. AJ then looks back to Clementine.
"So what's best?" AJ asks, actually talking to the both of you. You contemplate to yourself for a minute but then an idea strikes your mind.
"Option 3, we get in there another way." You said to both of them, your face now lit up with excitement. Clementine and AJ then give you confused looks.
"Okay? What would that be?" Clementine asked you, raising her eyebrow again. You then give her a confident smirk.
"Well, it involves me proving to you that I am indeed a super soldier with far beyond human abilities." You said to her, now full of confidence. Her eyebrow raised even higher to hearing your response. You then walk over to the security door and grab the knob with your right hand and place your left hand on the left side of the door. You then begin to apply a descent amount of force to the door.